Finally going to pick up my new 2014 CB

capttwb136_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
After exhaustive research and patience in finding the correct deal, I am going to go pick up my new CB 1100 tomorrow. I currently ride a BMW K1600 GTL, really great machine, but I'm betting not as fun as a 2014 CB 1100!

To say I'm excited would be a understatement.:banana:
 
Congratulations. I've had mine about a month, and I've ridden more than all of last year. Very fun bike.
 
Congratulations! I had to Google Delmarva...never had heard that one before.

Looking for the right deal for a 2013 Standard...deals seem to be inversely proportional to how far away the bike is!

Enjoy!
 
awesome. Get us some pics so we can revel in your excitement. To me the CB is a pure Classic roadster. I just love it and I'm sure you will have a great deal of fun. Welcome.
 
Congrats Capt.! And if you are like most of us, you won't be able to stay out of the garage just looking at it! :)

First farkle: RLETS

CB, if you drive to the bottom tip of the Delmarva peninsula, you can pay a big toll and drive the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel into my fair city. Down here we usually just call it the Eastern Shore. Until you get up there a ways at least.
 
Thread starter
CB360T_imp said:
Congratulations! I had to Google Delmarva...never had heard that one before.

Looking for the right deal for a 2013 Standard...deals seem to be inversely proportional to how far away the bike is!

Enjoy!
Yep, I know what you mean. I had to drive up to Niagara Falls to pick this one up. We are still here. Typical fall weather up here. Low to mid 60's. The leaves are turning brilliant fall colors. Most locals call the Delmarva peninsula the "eastern shore". We live on the Maryland eastern shore.

I got a pretty good deal on a BMW GTL a couple years ago and had to drive to Kentucky to get it. You're right, it seems the best deals are always a good distance away!
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Congrats Capt.! And if you are like most of us, you won't be able to stay out of the garage just looking at it! :)

First farkle: RLETS

CB, if you drive to the bottom tip of the Delmarva peninsula, you can pay a big toll and drive the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel into my fair city. Down here we usually just call it the Eastern Shore. Until you get up there a ways at least.
Yep, I've been across the Bay Bridge/Tunnel many many times on the way to the Outer Banks and Myrtle Beach. Nice ride. We used to do a lot of fishing at the bridge, caught a lot of black drum, red drum and cobia down there. Real nice area down there. They are really transforming Cape Charles.
So I've read RLETS are hard to find. Have most dealers got more in stock? Can you get them at any Honda dealer?
 
Yes, congrats on the bike! I was a BMW 1150/1200 RT guy for many years. That 1600 is a large animal. You're going to be pleasantly surprised that after an entire day of flinging the CB through the twisties, your arms aren't going to be tired!

I agree that some great deals are out there if one wants to do long distance pickups or shipping. I've done a fly-in and ride home, as well as driven long distance 4 times, and used a shipper 3 times!( Darn, I must have bought and sold a lot of bikes! )

BTW- I don't know your route or if you're in a hurry to return home, but Newburgh NY has a couple of cool motorcycle points of interest. Orange County Choppers restaurant and store with many of their bikes on display, (by the airport)and Motorcyclepedia museum (in the city itself) has, I think now, 400 bikes on display. Plenty of room in the parking lots of both places to park a trailer combo.
 
I drove a total of 850 miles to get mine and it was worth every mile. Glad to hear you're going to pick up the CB1100:thumbsup:

Every time I get on mine its like re-living my youth. If you asked me just what it is about it that makes me feel that way I'm not sure I could explain it.

Maybe it was a simpler time when people could do whatever made them happy without having to make a lot of excuses or possibly it was knowing that if you wanted to start a business you just decided what you wanted to do and as long as it was legal it would be no problem. I don't know but it makes me feel free when I'm riding it:biker:

On the other hand maybe its that I'm 68 and not that many things can move me like they use to:cool:

Anyway enough of this drivel, glad you found the right deal and bike.

ralph
 
Thread starter
Thanks for all of the Congratulations. I got the bike home last night. Took a nice ride today. All I can say is the CB lives up to all my expectations and even exceeds them.:clap: This bike is so well balanced it feels like I'm riding a 250cc, until I twist the throttle. I love the super smooth transmission. The seat is nice and firm. I usually have to change out the seat on a new bike. I'm partial to Corbins and Russel Day Longs, but I don't think I'll have to change this seat. The suspension is a little soft but I haven't fooled with it yet.:biker:

Over all you all were right on, this is a well built and great handling machine.:thumbsup: I'm used to wind protection, so what wind screen do you all recommend? I read a review of National Cycles Street Shield EX in the Rider magazine. Sounds good, I'm just wondering how it will go with the bikes lines. Anyone have one? I'm also looking for a luggage rack to carry a 12 pack home when the need arises.:beerchug: Any suggestions? I saw a German one with a hand rail for the passenger but can't remember the name. Anyone have one with that passenger hand rail. I remember it was made for a top case. Thanks for any help you all can give me.:thanks:
 
capttwb136_imp said:
Thanks for all of the Congratulations. I got the bike home last night. Took a nice ride today. All I can say is the CB lives up to all my expectations and even exceeds them.:clap: This bike is so well balanced it feels like I'm riding a 250cc, until I twist the throttle. I love the super smooth transmission. The seat is nice and firm. I usually have to change out the seat on a new bike. I'm partial to Corbins and Russel Day Longs, but I don't think I'll have to change this seat. The suspension is a little soft but I haven't fooled with it yet.:biker:

Over all you all were right on, this is a well built and great handling machine.:thumbsup: I'm used to wind protection, so what wind screen do you all recommend? I read a review of National Cycles Street Shield EX in the Rider magazine. Sounds good, I'm just wondering how it will go with the bikes lines. Anyone have one? I'm also looking for a luggage rack to carry a 12 pack home when the need arises.:beerchug: Any suggestions? I saw a German one with a hand rail for the passenger but can't remember the name. Anyone have one with that passenger hand rail. I remember it was made for a top case. Thanks for any help you all can give me.:thanks:
Boy I'm happy for you, you are having the same good feelings I had when I picked up my CB750four and again when I picked up my CB1100:excited:

I use the National Street fighter EX during the summer and in the winter I switch over to the National Plex Fairing. I just cut the long portions off that hang down to protect the knees, to a level right where the bolts come out of the sides of the head light. I drilled a hole on each side and purchased two longer metric bolts with a nut to use as a jam nut and screwed it into the head light using the nut as a jam nut to re-secure the head light and then slipped a black piece of 3/8 fuel hose over the portion of the bolt sticking out and used a black tie wrap to secure it to the shield. It was originally for my Sportster.

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

ralph
 
capttwb136_imp said:
Thanks for all of the Congratulations. I got the bike home last night. Took a nice ride today. All I can say is the CB lives up to all my expectations and even exceeds them.:clap: This bike is so well balanced it feels like I'm riding a 250cc, until I twist the throttle. I love the super smooth transmission. The seat is nice and firm. I usually have to change out the seat on a new bike. I'm partial to Corbins and Russel Day Longs, but I don't think I'll have to change this seat. The suspension is a little soft but I haven't fooled with it yet.:biker:

Over all you all were right on, this is a well built and great handling machine.:thumbsup: I'm used to wind protection, so what wind screen do you all recommend? I read a review of National Cycles Street Shield EX in the Rider magazine. Sounds good, I'm just wondering how it will go with the bikes lines. Anyone have one? I'm also looking for a luggage rack to carry a 12 pack home when the need arises.:beerchug: Any suggestions? I saw a German one with a hand rail for the passenger but can't remember the name. Anyone have one with that passenger hand rail. I remember it was made for a top case. Thanks for any help you all can give me.:thanks:

Congratulations and I think you will continue to really love the bike. I have the Dart Marlin windscreen which I like as it causes very little buffeting and the wind noise in my helmet is not horrible. I also think it compliments the look of the bike. I bought the Honda OEM rack from Samurider and it is very nice quality. If you go to their sight you can see the rack. Anyhow safe riding.
 
Thread starter
Ralph_imp said:
I drove a total of 850 miles to get mine and it was worth every mile. Glad to hear you're going to pick up the CB1100:thumbsup:

Every time I get on mine its like re-living my youth. If you asked me just what it is about it that makes me feel that way I'm not sure I could explain it.

Maybe it was a simpler time when people could do whatever made them happy without having to make a lot of excuses or possibly it was knowing that if you wanted to start a business you just decided what you wanted to do and as long as it was legal it would be no problem. I don't know but it makes me feel free when I'm riding it:biker:

On the other hand maybe its that I'm 68 and not that many things can move me like they use to:cool:

Anyway enough of this drivel, glad you found the right deal and bike.

ralph
Damn Ralph, you are a old fart! I'm only 67 myself. I know exactly what you mean. I rode a 74' Kawasaki Z-1 to the Florida Keys in 1974. Great trip. Everything was better back then. Too many rules now. Too many people telling you what you can't do or even say.::dodgy:
Ralph_imp said:
capttwb136_imp said:
Thanks for all of the Congratulations. I got the bike home last night. Took a nice ride today. All I can say is the CB lives up to all my expectations and even exceeds them.:clap: This bike is so well balanced it feels like I'm riding a 250cc, until I twist the throttle. I love the super smooth transmission. The seat is nice and firm. I usually have to change out the seat on a new bike. I'm partial to Corbins and Russel Day Longs, but I don't think I'll have to change this seat. The suspension is a little soft but I haven't fooled with it yet.:biker:

Over all you all were right on, this is a well built and great handling machine.:thumbsup: I'm used to wind protection, so what wind screen do you all recommend? I read a review of National Cycles Street Shield EX in the Rider magazine. Sounds good, I'm just wondering how it will go with the bikes lines. Anyone have one? I'm also looking for a luggage rack to carry a 12 pack home when the need arises.:beerchug: Any suggestions? I saw a German one with a hand rail for the passenger but can't remember the name. Anyone have one with that passenger hand rail. I remember it was made for a top case. Thanks for any help you all can give me.:thanks:
Boy I'm happy for you, you are having the same good feelings I had when I picked up my CB750four and again when I picked up my CB1100:excited:

I use the National Street fighter EX during the summer and in the winter I switch over to the National Plex Fairing. I just cut the long portions off that hang down to protect the knees, to a level right where the bolts come out of the sides of the head light. I drilled a hole on each side and purchased two longer metric bolts with a nut to use as a jam nut and screwed it into the head light using the nut as a jam nut to re-secure the head light and then slipped a black piece of 3/8 fuel hose over the portion of the bolt sticking out and used a black tie wrap to secure it to the shield. It was originally for my Sportster.

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

ralph
Boy I'm happy for you, you are having the same good feelings I had when I picked up my CB750four and again when I picked up my CB1100:excited:

I use the National Street fighter EX during the summer and in the winter I switch over to the National Plex Fairing. I just cut the long portions off that hang down to protect the knees, to a level right where the bolts come out of the sides of the head light. I drilled a hole on each side and purchased two longer metric bolts with a nut to use as a jam nut and screwed it into the head light using the nut as a jam nut to re-secure the head light and then slipped a black piece of 3/8 fuel hose over the portion of the bolt sticking out and used a black tie wrap to secure it to the shield. It was originally for my Sportster.

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

ralph Thanks Ralph!
drodg58_imp said:
capttwb136_imp said:
Thanks for all of the Congratulations. I got the bike home last night. Took a nice ride today. All I can say is the CB lives up to all my expectations and even exceeds them.:clap: This bike is so well balanced it feels like I'm riding a 250cc, until I twist the throttle. I love the super smooth transmission. The seat is nice and firm. I usually have to change out the seat on a new bike. I'm partial to Corbins and Russel Day Longs, but I don't think I'll have to change this seat. The suspension is a little soft but I haven't fooled with it yet.:biker:

Over all you all were right on, this is a well built and great handling machine.:thumbsup: I'm used to wind protection, so what wind screen do you all recommend? I read a review of National Cycles Street Shield EX in the Rider magazine. Sounds good, I'm just wondering how it will go with the bikes lines. Anyone have one? I'm also looking for a luggage rack to carry a 12 pack home when the need arises.:beerchug: Any suggestions? I saw a German one with a hand rail for the passenger but can't remember the name. Anyone have one with that passenger hand rail. I remember it was made for a top case. Thanks for any help you all can give me.:thanks:

Congratulations and I think you will continue to really love the bike. I have the Dart Marlin windscreen which I like as it causes very little buffeting and the wind noise in my helmet is not horrible. I also think it compliments the look of the bike. I bought the Honda OEM rack from Samurider and it is very nice quality. If you go to their sight you can see the rack. Anyhow safe riding.

Congratulations and I think you will continue to really love the bike. I have the Dart Marlin windscreen which I like as it causes very little buffeting and the wind noise in my helmet is not horrible. I also think it compliments the look of the bike. I bought the Honda OEM rack from Samurider and it is very nice quality. If you go to their sight you can see the rack. Anyhow safe riding. Thanks Drodg! I'll check into the Dart Marlin.
 
capttwb136_imp said:
Thanks for all of the Congratulations. I got the bike home last night. Took a nice ride today. All I can say is the CB lives up to all my expectations and even exceeds them.:clap: This bike is so well balanced it feels like I'm riding a 250cc, until I twist the throttle. I love the super smooth transmission. The seat is nice and firm. I usually have to change out the seat on a new bike. I'm partial to Corbins and Russel Day Longs, but I don't think I'll have to change this seat. The suspension is a little soft but I haven't fooled with it yet.:biker:

Over all you all were right on, this is a well built and great handling machine.:thumbsup: I'm used to wind protection, so what wind screen do you all recommend? I read a review of National Cycles Street Shield EX in the Rider magazine. Sounds good, I'm just wondering how it will go with the bikes lines. Anyone have one? I'm also looking for a luggage rack to carry a 12 pack home when the need arises.:beerchug: Any suggestions? I saw a German one with a hand rail for the passenger but can't remember the name. Anyone have one with that passenger hand rail. I remember it was made for a top case. Thanks for any help you all can give me.:thanks:
Boy I'm happy for you, you are having the same good feelings I had when I picked up my CB750four and again when I picked up my CB1100:excited:

I use the National Street fighter EX during the summer and in the winter I switch over to the National Plex Fairing.
ralph
 
Check this thread for the Street Shield EX. Then if you get one, check out the HOW TO section for installation.

NC Street Shield EX
 
Back
Top