Finally farkling!

Inline4_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Well I'm in the process of making changes to my bike, FINALLY!
I'm buying mrhonda's Yoshimura SS canister. The price was too good to pass up, and I'm bored with the sound of the stock exhaust.
Because of the expense of knee surgeries I have to wait on buying the Moriwaki canister, or what ever I decide to buy when the $$ become more plentiful. :D
I tried to order the EFFIX Easy Fitting bar from webike but the silver color was out of stock. This morning I ordered the POSH handlebar and a set of their bar ends. Hopefully they will be in stock!
POSH : Back Bar [051161-ST]
POSH : Insert Weight Bar [031181]
Now the waiting begins. :)
 
Thread starter
I'm an impatient SOB; can't wait for my parts to get here. :D
Supposedly the Yoshimura canister will be here tomorrow; new grips and mirrors tonight, and I don't have a clue when the handlebars and bar ends from webike will be here. I got an email today saying the parts have been shipped from Japan.
I have Sunday and Monday off.........................I'm thinking Sunday is ride day (my g/f loves to ride but has to work Mondays), then spend Monday morning installing the canister. Tap. Tap. Tap.
 
Patience Grasshopper. Good things are worth waiting for and appreciated more in the end.
 
Inline4_imp said:
Well I'm in the process of making changes to my bike, FINALLY!
I'm buying mrhonda's Yoshimura SS canister. The price was too good to pass up, and I'm bored with the sound of the stock exhaust.
Because of the expense of knee surgeries I have to wait on buying the Moriwaki canister, or what ever I decide to buy when the $$ become more plentiful. :D
I tried to order the EFFIX Easy Fitting bar from webike but the silver color was out of stock. This morning I ordered the POSH handlebar and a set of their bar ends. Hopefully they will be in stock!
POSH : Back Bar [051161-ST]
POSH : Insert Weight Bar [031181]
Now the waiting begins. :)
Inline4,

If the bars you want are not in stock I have a brand new never mounted silver EFFIX Easy Fit CB11 handlebar that I'll sell you for 50% of Webike.net price plus shipping.

Chip
 
The ferret_imp said:
Patience Grasshopper. Good things are worth waiting for and appreciated more in the end.
Master, I was dishonored today. A horse went doo-doo on my hat.

Grasshopper! You are dishonored EVERY WEEK!"

Yes, Master. And I was wearing your hat.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Patience Grasshopper. Good things are worth waiting for and appreciated more in the end.
Master, I was dishonored today. A horse went doo-doo on my hat.

Grasshopper! You are dishonored EVERY WEEK!"

Yes, Master. And I was wearing your hat.
Master, I was dishonored today. A horse went doo-doo on my hat.

Grasshopper! You are dishonored EVERY WEEK!"

Yes, Master. And I was wearing your hat.

Lol kinda reminds me of when my brother couldn't get his Harley kickstarted ( remember kickstarters ?) anyhow after many many kicks and building up a sweat he took his aviator glasses off threw them down on the drive and stomped on them. I of course died laughing, and he said " don't know what you' re laughing about, those were YOUR sunglasses"
 
Thread starter
Well I got the Yoshimura canister installed but haven't ridden the bike since.
Mirrors, grips, handlebars and bar ends are all here finally.
Btw, the POSH handlebars from webike are pre-drilled! There was no way of telling from the listing. My Japanese is lacking a bit. :D
Hope to get everything finished this weekend then bombard you guys with pics. :biker:
 
Thread starter
wildezt_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
lets see the yoshi canister!
+1 with a video...!:banana: :beerchug:
+1 with a video...!:banana: :beerchug:
Hehehe. Pics I can do..............I've never taken, let alone posted, a video.
But, my g/f will be at my house for the weekend and I'm certain she knows how to take/post a video. If not, her son definitely can. He's head of the I.T. department for a local hospital here. It seems I will be going to school this weekend! :thumbsup:
 
I notice no bar ends. Have you ridden it? Can you feel a difference in vibes?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I notice no bar ends. Have you ridden it? Can you feel a difference in vibes?
There are bar ends, but they are POSH flush mounted pieces. I've searched extensively for a good pic of them but have came up empty. I certainly wish I would've taken a couple of pics of the parts before the install.
I still haven't ridden the bike other than up to the end of the block and back, but in that short ride there was no noticeable difference between these and and the oem units.
Hopefully these pics of the installed items will be better than the two previous ones. Obviously photography is NOT my strong suit. :huh:

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/z1zr7/media/002_zps8d75856e.jpg.html]
Since the bar ends are flush mounted, I've noticed my levers are a bit too long now. I'm hoping to find that perfect set of control levers that are approx. 1" shorter than the oem levers.
This modding stuff can get serious! :D
Jim
Well it appears I also deleted the pic and sound clip of the Yoshimura canister.
Good Grief! I wish I was a bit more proficient at this technology stuff! :D
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/z1zr7/media/YoshimuraExhaustClip_zps4dbef75d.mp4.html]http://smg.photobucket.com/user/z1zr7/media/YoshimuraExhaustClip_zps4dbef75d.mp4.html
 
Thread starter
UPDATE/Ride Report...........

Well I've logged a couple hundred miles since installing the POSH handlebars and bar weights. Before installing the bars, I was a bit disappointed that they weren't as low as I thought I wanted.
However, after this weekend I have realized I couldn't have made a better choice in bars AND weights! The ride these pieces offer is amazing. Much, MUCH smoother at the bars than the oem bars and bar ends. At first I thought the smoothness was just my imagination., but after riding the CB again today there is no doubt which set-up is smoother; practically vibration-free!
As stated in a previous post, the POSH bars are about 1 1/2" lower than stock, but what I LOVE about them is how much narrower they are than stock...............they seem to be about two inches narrower than the stock bars (more than the 1" I guessed earlier). The ride position, at least for my 6", 220lb body could not be better!
I have NEVER been more in love and "connected to" a motorcycle than I am with this beauty Honda has given us. It is an absolute joy to ride.
I wish I could talk and type as eloquently as some of you guys here; in other words I don't think I will be writing advertisements for products as a second job! :D This set-up is damned perfect! The only other change to this area of the bike I want to make is new brake/clutch levers. The stockers now stick out just a tad too far for my tastes.
One more thing, did I mention I am in love with this bike?????:excited:
 
Im glad when people are happy with the choices they have made...and you sound thrilled! Cool beans!
 
Thread starter
Just got a response from Takashi at samurider regarding my inquiry about levers. These are approximately 30mm shorter than the Honda oem levers.
I'm thinking they will work just fine with the flush-mounted bar weights.
Titanium color with red adjusters. About $120 shipped. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
silascopathic_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Nice looking levers!
who makes those levers and can i get them in black with a silver adjuster? I wonder if Takashi is going to have these on his site soon.


the stock levers are just fugly
who makes those levers and can i get them in black with a silver adjuster? I wonder if Takashi is going to have these on his site soon.


the stock levers are just fugly Thanks ferret. Can't wait to get them installed. :cool:

Ryan, the brand is U-KANAYA. Webike has them listed on their site, but I emailed Takashi to see if he could get them for me. I needed something 25-30mm shorter than the oem levers because I'm using bar weights as opposed to bar ENDS.
This is the link he sent me...........................
内商会 【 ( ) 】 U-KANAYAレバー U-CP
I'm certain you can get the color combinations you are needing.
Takashi ROCKS!
 
Back
Top