Ferret's slowing down.

Owww! Haven't had one, but have a few friends who have. I don't even want to repeat the words they used to describe the pain!

Good recovery, sir!
 
My buddy got one while we were camping on the New River. Fortunately we had just hauled out from a 11 mile canoe in. We had to get him to the doc, not easy. Doc said "Do you drink beer?" Of course we had been drinking all day on the river. My buddy says "Yeah". Doc says "Keep it up". I about fell over laughing. A prescription to drink beer!

Hope your recovery is quick and easy Ferret.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I feel like I have been run over by a truck this morning. So sore all over. At least I'm back in my own house and sleeping without a bunch or wires and an IV sticking in my arm, and waking me every 4 hours to get vital signs taken. Still hurts like heck to take a wizz. Hopefully on the mend. I do miss the morphine lol.
I learned with my hip and foot surgery, stay ahead of the pain....don't wait for the pain to start....take your pain pills on schedule.

They sent me home with something powerful from my ER visit. I told my wife I didn't take any of those pills did I, she said you slept all weekend lol
 
Thread starter
My favorite Beatle. Thanks Cormanus.

Appropriate as I am having some post op issues that are kind of bothering me today. My legs, ankles and feet look like over stuffed sausages
 
Meh. Rub some dirt on it and get back out there.

Just kidding. Take care Mickey and hope you're feeling okie dokie soon!
 
Thread starter
Well emergency trip to doctor yesterday. Seems my body was not able to absorb or disperse all the IV fluids they gave me constantly for 3 days in the hospital so it pooled in my legs, ankles and feet. I have to keep my feet above my heart and wear compression socks and it will be a week before my body can rid itself of the excess fluid so no riding (which shouldn't be a problem since I can barely walk.) Hurts like heck, especially my left foot which resembles a football lol.

It also means I will miss my goal of 300 days riding this year. Oh well, that was just an arbitrary number anyway. Still may be able to make my 20,0000 mile goal. We shall see
 
Well heck ferret I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were doing.

I almost said elevate your feet and compression socks but I didn't want to sound like my nurse wife always giving advice LOL

When I had my foot surgery I slept in the recliner for a week just to keep it up.... it would have been hard to do if I wasn't on pain pills. Haha

Hope you get feeling better soon!
 
Good grief ferret, they were killing you with kindness I guess :D :D :D
It's boring being sidelined like that, but it will all pass in time.
Hang in there :thumbsup:
 
Maybe time to organize and playback all those CB1100 riding videos from past years. That should keep your body "engaged" as you carve through the corners on your family room big screen.
 
Hope it passes quickly, Ferret. Never mind the goals. Making it to ride another day is the biggie.
 
Thread starter
Well, it's Dec 3rd. Yesterday I had the stent removed from my right kidney and the Dr gave me the ok to resume all normal activities. The only swelling I have left is in my left foot and it isn't bad and no pain associated with it.

So, I got out for my first ride in 11 days today. 37 degrees and overcast for the 51 mile ride on the FJR. Felt so good to be riding again. Almost like flying.

Need 930 miles to make 20K by the end of the year. Gonna be close lol.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
I am very sure, you gonna make it, Mickey :thumbsup:
Thanks DV...er I mean PB

 
You managed the distraction well Ferret. As you were.

The ferret_imp said:
Well, it's Dec 3rd. Yesterday I had the stent removed from my right kidney and the Dr gave me the ok to resume all normal activities. The only swelling I have left is in my left foot and it isn't bad and no pain associated with it.

So, I got out for my first ride in 11 days today. 37 degrees and overcast for the 51 mile ride on the FJR. Felt so good to be riding again. Almost like flying.

Need 930 miles to make 20K by the end of the year. Gonna be close lol.
 
Back
Top