Ferret's slowing down.

Thread starter
Uea I'm not doing that surgery thing. That's absurd looking lol.

Wear a brace, ok. Hot wax, that may be fun. Anti-inflamatory gel 4x a day..yea that works for me lol

BTW osteoarthris in the basal thumb joint and knuckles was my diagnosis too. She did give me PT to do, which seemed a lot like just wiggling my thumb around so sometimes I sit watching TV wiggling my thumb around lol.

May take a week or two but the Voltaren 4x a day should make a big difference. HOpe you get to feeling better offroad.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Uea I'm not doing that surgery thing. That's absurd looking lol.

Wear a brace, ok. Hot wax, that may be fun. Anti-inflamatory gel 4x a day..yea that works for me lol

BTW osteoarthris in the basal thumb joint and knuckles was my diagnosis too. She did give me PT to do, which seemed a lot like just wiggling my thumb around so sometimes I sit watching TV wiggling my thumb around lol.

May take a week or two but the Voltaren 4x a day should make a big difference. HOpe you get to feeling better offroad.
Lol...I know....it would have to really be bad, like couldn't rip open a bag of chips or open a beer...lol...just kidding.

But as a hip replacement person, I could see it if the pain was severe enough.

I don't know if the pain would have to be bad just resting or if the pain was severe everytime I tried to say, turn a door knob....but like the hip doctor said, you will let me know when you are ready.

Right now I find myself using my fingers to push the buttons on the TV remote instead of my thumb. On the long trip, I would click the cruise control up and down with my fingers instead of my thumb.

The funny thing is, they pretty much set your hand up in the shape of a motorcycle grip for the default or neutral position....lol.
 
That's VERY interesting, thanks, Offroad.
After a m/cycle crash years ago, both my thumb joints hurt on rides. It's not arthritis, just the effects of that strain on the joints. The ONLY time it hurts is when I ride, but one of those supports looks as though it'd do the job, supporting the joint. That surgery is too drastic for my problem!
Just another pain to add to all the others... :(
 
Thanks very much for the detailed brief offroad. A friend and his wife who visited yesterday told me they have had considerable relief from not eating foods from the nightshade family: tomato, white potato, egg plant, capsicum. They've combined that with regular dose of glucosamine. They're not whether it's one or the other or the combination that works, but they claim to be much better.

In my view, surgery is an option to be avoided at all costs until no alternative remains.
 
Thread starter
I have an elastic brace for mine, goes around the thumb and wrist and body of hand, bought at Meijer pharmacy for like $11, and it's comfy but I rarely wear it. Can't wear it under riding gloves. Wearing it at night might be an option.
 
Thread starter
Well, the year continues to suck for me healthwise. 10:45 last night and Im watching Blueboods and bam, kidney stone pain in right kidney. Severe pain, sweats, chills, vomiting so off to ER I go. Im stll there, unable to pass the stone. Cat scan shows it stuck berween kidney and bladder and 3 MM in size. If I don't pass it by midnight they will go in and take it out in the morning. Big green X for today and at least for tomorrow.thatwill leave me with only 4 days I can miss ybe rest of the year.
 
Sorry to hear that ferret. I've had kidney stones at least 8 or 9 times and they are always a misery. My doctor suggested a water softener for the mineral rich water from my deep well as a possible solution; have not had a stone since and that's been about 5 years ago. Remember, this to will pass, I had to say it.
 
Really sorry to hear that, Ferret. Chin up, though. It could be worse. And it can only get better next year. So, here's to 2020!
 
Hang in there Mickey!
7c554650af9617ec1cc27ce909c2da6a.png
1db7ba8ae72799da2c2707efd2100595.png



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Good grief ferret, what next!!!! So sorry to hear that!
Thankfully, I've never had one of those.
All the best and hope you're back on your feet soon.
 
Ouch! I never experienced what you are going through ferret. For people I know passed stones, I have not heard one of them say it wasn’t too bad. Hope you the best.
 
Geez, Ferret. You’re having an awful year. Hope you’re stone free and eating off the bike now.
 
Sorry to hear this ferret!

I had to go to ER once with kidney stones right after I had a lithotripsy ( where are they supposedly use shock waves to break up the stone so it can pass easily but all they did was just dislodge it for me I guess). I didn't even know I had it until I had a 'check up' so this was done as a preventative measure to keep it from breaking loose at an inopportune time.

The only thing positive I can say is they warned me as they were giving me some powerful painkiller through my IV and kept saying are you ready here it comes and I said whatever just do it.

Needless to say I was soon out of pain so that was a good thing LOL

Then I got to spend what seemed like weeks but was probably days filtering looking for that stone so they could test it for its mineral content. Evidently not all stones are the same.

I have been drinking mainly bottled water since maybe that's helped?
 
Kidney stone is a pain in the ....
Wish you more healthy days ahead and pleasant weather, so you can meet your riding goals.
...and remember, Forum members are tough and we do not give up so easy, especially Ferrets !!

8879d0f1825c5f2ac15226545b253646.jpg


:cool:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Kidney stone is a pain in the ....
Wish you more healthy days ahead and pleasant weather, so you can meet your riding goals.
...and remember, Forum members are tough and we do not give up so easy, especially Ferrets !!

8879d0f1825c5f2ac15226545b253646.jpg


:cool:
:rofl:

So cuuuuute!

Hang in there Ferret. This will pass.
 
Too bad! I know that pain as I had kidney stones at the age of 13. They got that fixed and one hint to avoid kidney stones was to drink a lot of beer. I'm still hanging on, no more problems so far...

Wish you all the best! Don't let it bring you down.
 
Hang in there Ferret. Hope to hear better news soon that you are on the mend.

Django - good antidote. Beer IS good for you! HA!
 
Back
Top