Blimey, offroad. You seem to have taken up residence on the BMW. Do you ever get off it? 

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Lol....It's summer time for teachers....trying to condense 1 years into 60 days and 25 yrs of no riding into just a few ;-)Cormanus_imp said:Blimey, offroad. You seem to have taken up residence on the BMW. Do you ever get off it?![]()


I tried Voltaren on my achy knee, but it did not help much. While in Walmart Penny pointed out Liv Relief. A little more expensive than Voltaren, but much more effective.The ferret_imp said:Just as an update. I have ridden only 11 days this month out of 20, but I have had 2 sets of Visco supplementation injections in my knees (the third and final set of injections comes next Tuesday) and the knees are feeling much better. I can actually put on socks and wash the bottom of my feet by myself lol. I can also mount and dismount without pain.
I have been using a prescribed anti inflammatory called Voltaren Gel on the knuckles and thumb joint in my right hand 4x a day and that seems to be helping with the arthritis, plus I added cramp busters to both bikes so I can use the palm of my hand for throttle instead of gripping, so that seems to be working out ok as well.
I went on a new medication for the colitis which turned out to be a disaster. Severe abdominal cramping, bloating and terrible, terrible heartburn. It did help with the big D, but the cure, in this case, was worse than the disease so no progress on that front. Back to square one on that front.
So I am not riding everyday, but I am riding and enjoying it more again, now that my knees don't hurt and my throttle hand doesn't ache so bad. No long rides yet...81 miles I think was the longest, but that is encouraging to me at this point.
My wife has been using Voltaren for several years for various aches and pains. It had been costing about $75 copay for a 100 gram tube -- even with fairly decent insurance.The ferret_imp said:Just as an update. I have ridden only 11 days this month out of 20, but I have had 2 sets of Visco supplementation injections in my knees (the third and final set of injections comes next Tuesday) and the knees are feeling much better. I can actually put on socks and wash the bottom of my feet by myself lol. I can also mount and dismount without pain.
I have been using a prescribed anti inflammatory called Voltaren Gel on the knuckles and thumb joint in my right hand 4x a day and that seems to be helping with the arthritis, plus I added cramp busters to both bikes so I can use the palm of my hand for throttle instead of gripping, so that seems to be working out ok as well.
I went on a new medication for the colitis which turned out to be a disaster. Severe abdominal cramping, bloating and terrible, terrible heartburn. It did help with the big D, but the cure, in this case, was worse than the disease so no progress on that front. Back to square one on that front.
So I am not riding everyday, but I am riding and enjoying it more again, now that my knees don't hurt and my throttle hand doesn't ache so bad. No long rides yet...81 miles I think was the longest, but that is encouraging to me at this point.
Difference between U.S. and Canadian pharmaceuticals...Nortoon_imp said:Liv Relief cost CAN$18 (US$13.35) at Walmart and Voltaren is less than that.
Things like Polysporin, Robax Platinum, etc. are inexpensive off the shelf items in Walmart that are popular with American tourists.

Do you "see " riding your bike again in the future ?SportsterDoc_imp said:More miles than me!
Happens to the best of us.
:biker:No, I am learning to be satisfied with 55 years of riding...other adventures await.The ferret_imp said:Doc now that your vision is fixed, are you considering riding again?
Thany you, Peter.peterbaron_imp said:Ferret ans SportsterDoc, I wish you the best recovery you can have and imagine.
Keep riding safe
:biker:
Incredibly interesting. Nice engine too!GoldOxide_imp said:Incredibly interesting. Nice engine too!jimgl3_imp said:Noooo! not can am. This!!!
![]()