Ferret is back in the house

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Got in about an hour ago. Full seat time report tomorrow after I've recovered and sorted thru about 200 pictures.

5 days, 3 states (Oh, W Va and Va) 1396 miles, too many curves to count, gteat roads, beautiful scenery, great company, great food, great weather ( well a little nippy early and foggy till 9:30 in the morning). All in all an awesome 5 days.


CB ran like a champ. I lubed the chain once mid week. Still think the stock seat is the weakest link lol. NC street shield Ex blocked a lot of wind, and contributed to the demise of a lot of bugs. Tourmaster Select soft luggage worked out perfectly.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Got in about an hour ago. Full seat time report tomorrow after I've recovered and sorted thru about 200 pictures.

5 days, 3 states (Oh, W Va and Va) 1396 miles, too many curves to count, gteat roads, beautiful scenery, great company, great food, great weather ( well a little nippy early and foggy till 9:30 in the morning). All in all an awesome 5 days.


CB ran like a champ. I lubed the chain once mid week. Still think the stock seat is the weakest link lol. NC street shield Ex blocked a lot of wind, and contributed to the demise of a lot of bugs. Tourmaster Select soft luggage worked out perfectly.
good recovery ride, congrats
 
Thread starter
Pictures downloaded. Headed to seat time to write report. See ya in a few.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Guth..ride report is up with pics in seat time!

Knee did ok, a little sore at times and dead feeling at times, but I expected that. I did use the hotels exercise room to bicycle every morning, then the jacuzzi every night to relax the muscles.

Doc, the seat is the worst part of the bike, which you come to realize after sitting on it for 7 to 9 hours in a row. Not sure any seat would be good for that amount of time in the saddle though as we were all squirming on our seats by the end of the day, especially on the coming home trip lol.
 
I was hoping to see a photo in your trip thread that shows your saddlebags. You must have left them in the hotel?

If you have a chance to post a shot if them, or you've already posted them in another thread, Id likeve to see them.
 
It would be a real challenge for me to get a leg over that motorcycle equipped as you have it?

Being old, short, fat and out of shape doesn't help but even at my best????
 
Thread starter
bubblerboy64_imp said:
It would be a real challenge for me to get a leg over that motorcycle equipped as you have it?

Being old, short, fat and out of shape doesn't help but even at my best????
I get on one of two ways....jump my leg through between tank and tail bag, or step on left foot peg, stand up, and swing my leg over tail bag to right side foot peg, then sit down.
 
Thread starter
Hey Pardner...get that arm back in that sling! I bought a 73 RD 350 new in 1973. Exciting bike. My wife and I rode it all the way to Tennessee and back. Sold it to buy a TX 650. Anyhow saw one a few years ago, and they are TINY. Can't believe we rode 2 up on it lol. Of course my wife and I were closer to tiny ourselves back then.
 
I used to ride double on a 50cc Honda Cub back in the day. A big bike back then had 300cc . I loved the original Yamaha 305 big bear twin. Brother had a 180cc yamaha. Never see them. Haven't even seen one in a museum.
 
Back
Top