Fenda Extenda

I'm constantly hearing stones pinging off the header, that would help. I live on a sand and stone road and living on a sandbar it's all over the place. Gravel, sand, stones and shells all gets tracked out to the main roads from driveways and side roads.
It's black, I might try it :idea:
 
Thread starter
A guy on the UK board let Pyramid use his bike for the prototype and he got a free one installed for it. I've been waiting for them to get here since.

I have to ride down a friends dirt/gravel drive a lot and if its wet a lot of mud gets thrown all over the headers/engine. I plan on ordering one today.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
A guy on the UK board let Pyramid use his bike for the prototype and he got a free one installed for it. I've been waiting for them to get here since.

I have to ride down a friends dirt/gravel drive a lot and if its wet a lot of mud gets thrown all over the headers/engine. I plan on ordering one today.
I ordered mine but it won't come in till the day we leave for the Colorado trip!
 
Thread starter
I just ordered mine!

I've been bugging them since the guy in the UK helped them out and I STILL didn't get the first one

Story of my life...
 
Just ordered mine. Decided that I just couldn't pay the 20 million dollars for that nice chromed steel full coverage Whitehouse fender (or however much that was that they wanted for it). This'll do fine for now.
Thanks for the heads up !
 
Thread starter
You have to bond it on with something. They recommend an adhesive, but I don't remember what it is. Have to check the Pyramid site in the UK.

I may just use a marine adhesive like 3M 5200 or 4200 or something.

Edit to add--Here is a link to the Honda product: Pyramid Motorcycle Accessories - Extenda Fendas, Screens & More!

All it says is to use a waterproof adhesive. If you email them with questions, they will answer, but it may take a few days in my experiance.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
You have to bond it on with something. They recommend an adhesive, but I don't remember what it is. Have to check the Pyramid site in the UK.

I may just use a marine adhesive like 3M 5200 or 4200 or something.

Edit to add--Here is a link to the Honda product: Pyramid Motorcycle Accessories - Extenda Fendas, Screens & More!

All it says is to use a waterproof adhesive. If you email them with questions, they will answer, but it may take a few days in my experiance.
I am pretty sure the 3M 5200 would hold very well, but you will have to allow 24 hours for it set completely. Excess before set is removed with mineral spirits. To remove after set use a hair dryer and peel it off.
 
Thread starter
Actually regular 5200 takes (according to to 3M website) 5-7 days to cure, 48hrs to become tack free. .

They do make a fast cure 5200 and 4200 though and. Fast cure is tack free in 1 hour and cures in 24. Boat life may be good too. On fiberglass, 5200 can be a bear to get off. Some people have 5200'd their engines to the transom (for sealing) and have big problems getting the engine off. My friend had a guy bring him a boat and told him he couldn't get the engine off. My bud said the guy had towed the boat from his house to the shop with no bolts holding the engine-just 5200!! He said it took a while to get that engine off!!

We'll see I guess.
 
Thanks!

Ordered the Fenda Extenda. Now for a trip to Home Depot for some 3M 5200 fast cure. A good 10% of my riding is on dirt and gravel.

Not a "pretty" accessory but will be worth every penny.
 
Ha ! In Japan and the U.S., some parts distributors are getting sudden windfalls from a bunch of old guys and gals lavishing on their prides and joys.. some of them must be wondering: "whoa what in the world is happening here with this bike ?"
 
furious_blue_imp said:
Ha ! In Japan and the U.S., some parts distributors are getting sudden windfalls from a bunch of old guys and gals lavishing on their prides and joys.. some of them must be wondering: "whoa what in the world is happening here with this bike ?"
LOL. I just received an e-mail from David Cork, the owner of Fenda Extenda, who said "Hi John, thanks for your order. We have had a run on this extender for the cb1100 and sold out. I have more on the way due in to me first of next week".

I let him know about this thread.
 
Thread starter
Now that is funny! I guess I got my order in just in time last night as it is supposed to be delivered Friday.
 
Back
Top