Tortuga_imp
Been there
Thread starter
And 93.7% of people believe themFlynrider_imp said:And 93.7% of people believe themTortuga_imp said:Statistics is a very strange way to count. They can turn your brain to mush if you're not careful. Statistically, your very existence is impossible.Greg_imp said:Statistics is a very strange way to count. They can turn your brain to mush if you're not careful. Statistically, your very existence is impossible.Tortuga_imp said:Aren't most accidents supposed to happen within a 3 mile radius of your home?eladoppel_imp said:I have been riding for 42 years and just recently had my first "major" get-off. I was lucky to be within 25 miles of the only Level One Trauma Center in Nevada. I spent a day and a half there getting taped to a board, then tested, probed and braced. (My friend and I had just spent most of a week in some of the most remote areas of the Southwest so it could have been a whole lot worse.)
Here's what I have concluded:
1) I am an ATGATT guy. I slid through the desert at 60 mph and had zero road rash. ATGATT kept me from getting hurt worse. The cop and EMTs were impressed with the lack of road rash.
2) Crashing is no fun...trust me. The older we get the more it hurts and the longer it takes to recover.
3) I recently read a set of statistics about fatalities by vehicle type. Motorcycles fatalities were 30 times more likely per mile traveled than automobiles. They were the highest category in deaths/mile.
4) I am going to continue to ride. I probably won't do cross-country or international bike trips any more, but I can't quit all together despite the facts in numbers 2 and 3 above.
I have told people for decades "If the risks of motorcycling scare you then maybe you shouldn't ride." It is up to each individual to determine the risk/reward ratio for them. I hope this helps.
Keep the rubber side down.
Maybe touring's the key to survival? Stay clear of that 3 mile 'danger zone'!
Turns out most accidents occur where you happen to be at the time.
Turns out most accidents occur where you happen to be at the time.
I read somewhere once that 82% of statistics were made up! :-/
Speaking of acronyms, I just finished a 4 day class on Internet and mainframe security procedures. I don't think I have uttered an acronym-free sentence since last Sunday.

Speaking of acronyms, I just finished a 4 day class on Internet and mainframe security procedures. I don't think I have uttered an acronym-free sentence since last Sunday.
R?,YPB!

art of some never ending historical slide?. I am afraid so.