fishmitch_imp
First service completed
all i can say is OUCHHHHHH !!!!!!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
AMEN Spaceman!The Spaceman_imp said:So here's an issue ripped straight from today's headlines: a couple with two toddlers spent their lives on their sailboat, cruising from port to port. They were on course across the Pacific with the youngsters when their boat sank. They got off the boat in their inflatable and were rescued by the Coast Guards.
People are ripping into the couple for "recklessly endangering" the lives of the youngsters by taking them sailing! Many people are saying they should be charged the cost of the CG rescue. I find both of those ideas to be ridiculous. The kids I met who were with cruising families were smart, happy, well-educated, and were loving life. Not everybody has to live in a suburban house and drive an SUV tank to raise their kids safely.
Maybe, just maybe this is a sign? I dunno.mininsx_imp said:I quit riding when my son was around 2, one, because I seemed to be having a lot of "close calls" and two, because one of my friends from work (who used to ride after drinking and getting high) wrecked and broke his back, and was in a wheelchair the rest of his life. I didn't want my son to be raised by a dad in a wheelchair so the bike was sold. When he was 14 or 15 I got another bike. I was good for about a year then I totaled it (my fault). Got another one and flipped over the hood of a car and totaled that one (not my fault). A couple of years later I got a Honda RC51 (first sportbike) and I ended up totaling that! (My fault-new to bike but should have known better) I almost quit after that because that one did some damage but I didn't, and I'm still riding. Crazy? Maybe, but we're all gonna die some day anyway, so might as well enjoy it while you can. :banana:
leepy:AMEN Spaceman!avsbezzy_imp said:AMEN Spaceman!The Spaceman_imp said:So here's an issue ripped straight from today's headlines: a couple with two toddlers spent their lives on their sailboat, cruising from port to port. They were on course across the Pacific with the youngsters when their boat sank. They got off the boat in their inflatable and were rescued by the Coast Guards.
People are ripping into the couple for "recklessly endangering" the lives of the youngsters by taking them sailing! Many people are saying they should be charged the cost of the CG rescue. I find both of those ideas to be ridiculous. The kids I met who were with cruising families were smart, happy, well-educated, and were loving life. Not everybody has to live in a suburban house and drive an SUV tank to raise their kids safely.
plus one.Or in cases of slow reactions/swerving skills maybe 'not enough' speed..hehe.lagoje_imp said:I see some common themes in all these videos..... too much speed for the conditions, lack of awareness, too much speed, lack of braking/swirving skills..... and too much speed. oh, and I almost forgot... too much speed.
It was probably you guys who gave us "Caution the contents of this cup may be hot". However we, in Oz I mean, have taken it to a whole new level. The Nanny State has been fostered upon us by a bunch of latte slurping, Chardonnay sipping .............. Aaaaaargh! I better stop here and have a beer before it becomes a banned substance.Barkingshins_imp said:Spaceman,
I can't speak for the rest of the world but, here in the U.S., we have become absolutely hysterical about safety. Most people are very eager to lay down some pretty harsh judgments on anyone who dares to engage in any sort of risky activity, however modest the risk may be. As it happens, we are also hysterical about children. Bumps and bruises are now to be avoided at ALL costs and just about ANYTHING that your child enjoys doing is probably under attack by one advocacy group or another. I, for one, am glad that I grew up in the Wild West of the 70's and 80's... back when being a kid was actually fun.
George Carlin said it best - "Grown-ups have taken all the fun out of being a kid, just to save a few thousand lives."
Deep down, Spaceman, I suspect that the people ripping into that couple are jealous of their relatively adventurous lifestyle.
Tortuga_imp said:
Are you saying that more kids are killed by bulldogs than are killed by adults on motorcycles? Or that more kids are killed than the number of adults who die on motorcycles?Ridem32_imp said:I would say nowadays more kids are killed by bull dogs than adults riding motorcycles well atleast here in the south!
Michael
3 rights make a left
and no I don't have fear when I ride if I did I would not ride. I do watch out and try to be alert but now it's just instinct to me. But let's all be safe and don't scratch these deluxe models
mininsx_imp said: