Fast Company

The Spaceman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I've been reading about the Ninja 1000 in the magazines lately. Kawi came out with the current version last year, and made several major improvements to it this year. It's basically a super-sport with reasonable ergonomics, a windscreen, and custom luggage. The local dealer has a 2014 on the showroom floor with the OEM bags, and it's a gorgeous bike. ABS, TC, and stupid-fast. I want one!

http://kawasaki.com/Products/Product-Spe...d=6&id=782

Lord knows how much the insurance would be...especially here in South Florida, the Accident Capital of the World.
 
That is a sharp sport-tourer. I like em! Would have been a great replacement for my Yamaha FZ-1 if I hadn't bought the 13 CB11, then traded the 13 CB 11 in on a 14 CB 11 lol.
 
"Some claim to be ahead of the curve; we're already leaning into the next one."

:D
 
Thread starter
Kawasaki had the Ninja 1000 available for demo rides, and I partook. Wowee! Its amazing; the performance of a supersportbike in a comfortable-riding package with luggage. It was so easy to ride the bike at a blistering pace; the only bike I've owned like it was my Interceptor. Kawi does really good demos too; we went down twisties, superslab, city traffic, hauling ass most of the tome. The Ninja did it all... Even the windscreen was perfect.

No, I'm not trading the CB, its still making my day. But if I was looking for a new bike from scratch today, it would be a tough call.

The new VStrom 1000ABS was kind of a letdown. They made a few improvements to the original for sure, but it's really the same bike at heart.
 
Back
Top