Family Retro Ride

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Today my younger brother (2016 Triumph Bonneville), myself (2014 CB1100), and our nephew (2017 Moto Guzzi V7 111) got together for a retro ride to Popeye's Fried Chicken for lunch and to the Chilo Dairy Bar aka the Pink Pig for ice cream for dessert and to hit a bunch of fun roads coming and going. Of course we swapped bikes several times on the way to experience the different flavors of a British P-2, a Japanese I-4 and an Italian V-2. Funny at the Dairy Isle one had a chocolate shake, one a butterscotch Sunday and one a vanilla cone. 3 different guys, 3 different bikes, 3 different tastes lol.

Great weather and great time had by all.

4ab13ad1099bf0ee08a38dd0971ec16c.jpg


56159cde1423b302408f115ea7ec13f7.jpg


09196ad940d240038763e2265b90eb38.jpg


3110d5ff39eaf01817fcfef129981ead.jpg


a78c5a0841413d4e3f01aca6264e8fe2.jpg


275bca079575d2a060d6c428e1e27704.jpg


46a6c483e38315f4dfc29dabfe11e61f.jpg
 
Wow, glad to hear, you all had fun riding your bikes, total 8 cylinders :thumbsup:
How many miles??
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
Wow, glad to hear, you all had fun riding your bikes, total 8 cylinders :thumbsup:
How many miles??

PB not many, 138 round trip
 
Looks like a great thing to do, Ferret. Is your nephew a big bloke?
 
Thread starter
Yea Cormanus, he's a pretty big bloke. Over 300# and maybe 5'11". He used to be pretty small when he was young, but over the years he has packed it on. Used be be a heck of a motocross racer and down hill ski racer when he was younger. I think he will be 59 on his next birthday.

Here he is sitting on the back of their mom's (my sister's) CB 160 in the early 70's with his younger brother (who rides an NC 700 and an NC 500X). Both of their son's ride as well.

ec1f549e9cf7e47575cd31b04be9301f.png
 
Inspiring me to go ride and get some ice cream. I ride everyday, but I haven't had ice cream in over a year.
 
RLS_imp said:
Inspiring me to go ride and get some ice cream. I ride everyday, but I haven't had ice cream in over a year.
This is concerning. Blink twice if you're being held against your will...
 
Back
Top