Factory muffler with a baffle cut out

WayFast86_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Well guys I've only had the bike for a week and already have a couple of mods (hehehe I can't leave stuff alone). Just finished up a homemade fender eliminater this weekend so I decided after a good scrubbing it was looking good enough for a video. This muffler was so quite factory and something had to be done. I looked up slip ons and other more expensive options so I realized I would be stuck with it for a while. After more observation of the muffler I noticed there are 3 Allen screws that hold the cap at the end of it. I took the cap off and started brainstorming... Which led the hacking away the inside of the baffles! So the small pipe that goes through the end cap is attached to a wall. There are several of these inside the muffler and all I did was cut and drill the last one out. Now I (and people around me) can hear the some of the awesomeness coming from the CB1100's engine. Now I know this isn't as deep or throaty as some slip ons but for the price, I'm happy!

Another pic with more light
 
Gut Factory Muffler

A whole thread on gutting a factory muffler. Lots of pics if you page through. Post 18 has a diagram of the internals of our muffler.
 
Back
Top