the Ferret
Road warrior
Thread starter
Yes neuro, that is correct 2014 stds and dlx's.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I went round-and-round with BMW (the dealer and the company) about the failing fuel strips. Even though this issue is widespread, BMW refused to acknowledge the extent of the problem and would not pay for repair/replacement of the part. For this $20,000 bike, I had to resort to utilizing my trip meter to tell me when fuel was needed. This wasn't a huge deal except when you pay so much, you expect the basic functions to work properly.The ferret_imp said:BMW does use a dip contact strip and the R 1200R owners have been having lots of issues with them

Hard to say. I had a five-gallon fuel can; and I filled it up with 4.6 gallons. Gassed up the truck the same time...first time since May! :banana: That's no lie. I have almost 12,000 miles on this cycle - been a ridin' fool. I never would have dreamed I'd be on it so much...:biker:The ferret_imp said:So JPT how much did you put back in it to fill it up?



Thank you for posting this. The owners manual states that if the '-.-' shows up for any reason other than a reset you should take it in for service. I almost started to do so until I read this. Good catch and thanks!Cresty_imp said:One other thing I have noticed is that the average fuel mileage and fuel consumption in either A or B mode, will not display if the kill switch is in the on position. If you shut down with the kill switch you will not see the two above displays until the switch is returned to off. (Interesting)
Any day you can get vertical and ride your bike is a good day.