Exhaust mods?

mgoodie_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Has anyone done/heard of modding stock exhaust on these to make it louder or deeper? Just wondering if baffles can be removed or holes drilled in them. Ive modded other exhaust systems in a similar fashion and had good luck with sound and performance.
 
There's a gent, kdiqq, that has removed the catalytic converter from his stock exhaust and welded it back up quite cleanly. It should make the exhaust sound a bit deeper and free up some additional power.

I think he's gauging interest from forum members on this mod in the classifieds section.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
If you take a flashlight and look inside the muffler outlet you'll see a baffle way down in there. I drilled some holes in mine to see if it made a difference and guess what? It didn't. :-/
 
Thread starter
I had a Harley as my last bike and I cut the whole baffle out and made a big difference as you would expect. I was more just wondering if I could do the same on the cb. But if I did I imagine i would need to make changes to the computer to adjust the amount of fuel/air etc...
 
mgoodie_imp said:
I had a Harley as my last bike and I cut the whole baffle out and made a big difference as you would expect. I was more just wondering if I could do the same on the cb. But if I did I imagine i would need to make changes to the computer to adjust the amount of fuel/air etc...
The computer compensates a surprising amount on this bike! That being said, a totally stock bike can benefit from a tune... If you were going to modify the stock muffler, I wouldn't say it's a bad idea to remove the cap, cut end off, remove guts, bland place cap back on. It'd look mostly stock. Worth a shot if you're consider a slip on anyways. Just a lot of cutting to do..
 
:s
mgoodie_imp said:
Has anyone done/heard of modding stock exhaust on these to make it louder or deeper? Just wondering if baffles can be removed or holes drilled in them. Ive modded other exhaust systems in a similar fashion and had good luck with sound and performance.
It sounds awful kinda like a tin can. If your in that direction pull your can have a muffler shop add a flared extension pipe. That souds better then hacking you can.
 
:s
mgoodie_imp said:
Has anyone done/heard of modding stock exhaust on these to make it louder or deeper? Just wondering if baffles can be removed or holes drilled in them. Ive modded other exhaust systems in a similar fashion and had good luck with sound and performance.
It sounds awful kinda like a tin can. If your in that direction pull your can have a muffler shop add a flared extension pipe. That souds better then hacking you can.
:s
mgoodie_imp said:
Has anyone done/heard of modding stock exhaust on these to make it louder or deeper? Just wondering if baffles can be removed or holes drilled in them. Ive modded other exhaust systems in a similar fashion and had good luck with sound and performance.
It sounds awful kinda like a tin can. If your in that direction pull your can have a muffler shop add a flared extension pipe. That souds better then hacking you can.
Stealth128_imp said:
:s
mgoodie_imp said:
Has anyone done/heard of modding stock exhaust on these to make it louder or deeper? Just wondering if baffles can be removed or holes drilled in them. Ive modded other exhaust systems in a similar fashion and had good luck with sound and performance.
It sounds awful kinda like a tin can. If your in that direction pull your can have a muffler shop add a flared extension pipe. That souds better then hacking you can.
It sounds awful kinda like a tin can. If your in that direction pull your can have a muffler shop add a flared extension pipe. That sounds better then hacking you your can and you can reverse it.
 
Thread starter
I wondered about that. Thanks for all the input I think I just save my pennies and get a slip on sometime.
 
mgoodie_imp said:
I wondered about that. Thanks for all the input I think I just save my pennies and get a slip on sometime.
Someone on here cut the heck out of the stock muffler and the problem is there's baffles in there much like a car muffler. Drilling in there doesn't work because there's more baffles than what you can see by looking inside the exhaust outlet.
 
Back
Top