Exhaust coating Jet-Hot Chrome finish

Brady Bourgeois_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Question for the 2013 CB1100 gurus, Is the muffler on the bike Stainless steel just like the 4 into 1 headers ? I was thinking about having it coated too. What's everyone's thoughts on that :biker:
Thanks, Brady
 
The muffler can is stainless steel. Should the muffler can be coated? I guess the answer is how fussy you are. Is there a difference between the Jet Hot header coating color/hue and stainless steel muffler can? My answer would be yes, but close enough for my expectations. On my 2014 Standard (same exhaust part numbers) the Jet Hot coating has a different texture and maybe slight bluish tinge. Keep in mind, this is my interpretation and someone else (like my wife) could use different descriptors.
This picture was taken early this year when I just installed the Jet Hot coated header:
16e7af9bf3ceb6d81672da345a61ecdc.jpg


This picture was taken during July after about 600 miles:
08e1aae8b799d53fc52c926078fdd180.jpg


Looking at the CB’s exhaust system in person would be better, but TX to NYS...

If you want better closeup pictures, let me know. And if you do coat your muffler can, don’t forget to include the shield.
 
Jet-Hot is about a 4 hour drive from me. Thinking of a drive down and drop off the headers. Only thinking right now. Thinking...
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Jet-Hot is about a 4 hour drive from me. Thinking of a drive down and drop off the headers. Only thinking right now. Thinking...
Too much thinking is not really good at all, it causes consternation and NO action.
Just DO it!
Few bolts/nuts, one connector and gravity will do the rest.
 
Yap, I'll show mine soon, but I can tell you, Lord's Popgun are almost black&burnt, scary :P:)
 
PB you made me go look. They are kinda brown. Now I have to polish them. I guess that will be something to do while the hurricane hits tomorrow. We are in the bulls eye here.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
PB you made me go look. They are kinda brown. Now I have to polish them. I guess that will be something to do while the hurricane hits tomorrow. We are in the bulls eye here.
See, mission already started, shiny again soon will be...
This is weird, VB has almost 1.5 million population, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News around it, not to mention about navy ship yards and there is no demand for such shop, which is about a 4 hour drive from you????
Build a castle, we talked about and see what happens...:banana:
>
As to hurricane, stay safe mi Lord,...... tie down both bikes and make sure RLETs won't get hurt :thumbsup:
 
Stay safe, Popgun and anyone else in the area.
 
Thanks Cormanus! Made it ok. Lots of wind and small branches down in the yard but no damage. Cable TV is out and has been for 5 hours or so.

The sun is out now and still windy but the storm has moved on up the coast.
peterbaron_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
PB you made me go look. They are kinda brown. Now I have to polish them. I guess that will be something to do while the hurricane hits tomorrow. We are in the bulls eye here.
See, mission already started, shiny again soon will be...
This is weird, VB has almost 1.5 million population, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News around it, not to mention about navy ship yards and there is no demand for such shop, which is about a 4 hour drive from you????
Build a castle, we talked about and see what happens...:banana:
>
As to hurricane, stay safe mi Lord,...... tie down both bikes and make sure RLETs won't get hurt :thumbsup:
See, mission already started, shiny again soon will be...
This is weird, VB has almost 1.5 million population, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News around it, not to mention about navy ship yards and there is no demand for such shop, which is about a 4 hour drive from you????
Build a castle, we talked about and see what happens...:banana:
>
As to hurricane, stay safe mi Lord,...... tie down both bikes and make sure RLETs won't get hurt :thumbsup:
PB, when the Jet-Hot threads first came up I did search for companies here. They all listed high tech coatings for ships, nuclear reactor stuff, and aircraft parts. Of course there are chromers too. I’d rather use Jet-Hot as they are known to be familiar with motorcycle stuff. Don’t know if I’m going to drive to them, but it would make for a nice little vacation. At least if the Corona virus dies down. Maybe in the fall. Or Winter.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Thanks Cormanus! Made it ok. Lots of wind and small branches down in the yard but no damage. Cable TV is out and has been for 5 hours or so.

The sun is out now and still windy but the storm has moved on up the coast.
peterbaron_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
PB you made me go look. They are kinda brown. Now I have to polish them. I guess that will be something to do while the hurricane hits tomorrow. We are in the bulls eye here.
See, mission already started, shiny again soon will be...
This is weird, VB has almost 1.5 million population, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News around it, not to mention about navy ship yards and there is no demand for such shop, which is about a 4 hour drive from you????
Build a castle, we talked about and see what happens...:banana:
>
As to hurricane, stay safe mi Lord,...... tie down both bikes and make sure RLETs won't get hurt :thumbsup:
See, mission already started, shiny again soon will be...
This is weird, VB has almost 1.5 million population, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News around it, not to mention about navy ship yards and there is no demand for such shop, which is about a 4 hour drive from you????
Build a castle, we talked about and see what happens...:banana:
>
As to hurricane, stay safe mi Lord,...... tie down both bikes and make sure RLETs won't get hurt :thumbsup:
PB, when the Jet-Hot threads first came up I did search for companies here. They all listed high tech coatings for ships, nuclear reactor stuff, and aircraft parts. Of course there are chromers too. I’d rather use Jet-Hot as they are known to be familiar with motorcycle stuff. Don’t know if I’m going to drive to them, but it would make for a nice little vacation. At least if the Corona virus dies down. Maybe in the fall. Or Winter.
See, mission already started, shiny again soon will be...
This is weird, VB has almost 1.5 million population, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News around it, not to mention about navy ship yards and there is no demand for such shop, which is about a 4 hour drive from you????
Build a castle, we talked about and see what happens...:banana:
>
As to hurricane, stay safe mi Lord,...... tie down both bikes and make sure RLETs won't get hurt :thumbsup:
PB, when the Jet-Hot threads first came up I did search for companies here. They all listed high tech coatings for ships, nuclear reactor stuff, and aircraft parts. Of course there are chromers too. I’d rather use Jet-Hot as they are known to be familiar with motorcycle stuff. Don’t know if I’m going to drive to them, but it would make for a nice little vacation. At least if the Corona virus dies down. Maybe in the fall. Or Winter.
Just park your CB near a big ship or nuclear reactor...they won't notice any tiny thing near, and you'll get it free:D
 
Back
Top