European bikes NOT RESTRICTED?

Tortuga_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Ok, I posted this question on the ECU flash top speed run thread, but got ignored,

Ahem, I watched a YouTube video called CB1100 to 100mph or something.

One of the comments stated that the USA bikes have a 112mph limit but European bikes didn't, he'd had his up to 132mph.

As I'm in Italy at present I can't check it out, but can any of my euro comrades take a spin up the road and check it out please?

I would recommend it be a German as their roads when I was driving in January were perfect, the Italian roads are like concrete dirt tracks, very very dangerous!
 
I don't believe my '10 is restricted. 200+kph = 124+mph. Stopped at that as it was close to wildlife time and I didn't want to frighten the cute little kangas.

Cheers

And on a closed track with professional stunt riders, of course.
 
Thread starter
Pterodactyl_imp said:
I don't believe my '10 is restricted. 200+kph = 124+mph. Stopped at that as it was close to wildlife time and I didn't want to frighten the cute little kangas.

Cheers

And on a closed track with professional stunt riders, of course.
That's pretty encouraging! Stands a good chance this info might be pukka then?

I bet you weren't keen on interfacing with a kanga at 124mph either. Could have spoiled your day!
 
FWIW, I have met a Southern California owner who says his is not restricted and that he's had it up in the 125-130mph range. I mention this because I recall reading a number of weeks ago about a another forum member who encountered a US owner who maintained his bike wasn't restricted (moderator: correct me if I'm wrong on that)...and he was dismissed by some as a liar (sorry, can't think of a nicer word this early in the morning). So, there is yet another data point for you guys...a possible Southern California bike without a limiter. Only conclusion to draw is that there's at least a couple CB1100 owners who have trouble reading the guages at top speed, or some bikes (early versions?) snuck in without limiters. I know I'll never take mine up to 90, so nothing for me to worry about.
 
It's not copasetic to be hacked that a sloppy post about a YouTube troll is ignored. (the YouTube post was "CB1100 Stock Engine Sound (Up to 100MPH)" and the commenter said 125 mph - which is about 200 kmh- in rest of the world without mentioning Europe) Plus you're going all herky-jerky and willie-nillie on euro comrades in general and Italians in particular.

Was' up wid all dat?

Hey man....stop jerking my herky!
 
Damfino_imp said:
It's not copasetic to be hacked that a sloppy post about a YouTube troll is ignored. (the YouTube post was "CB1100 Stock Engine Sound (Up to 100MPH)" and the commenter said 125 mph - which is about 200 kmh- in rest of the world without mentioning Europe) Plus you're going all herky-jerky and willie-nillie on euro comrades in general and Italians in particular.

Was' up wid all dat?

Hey man....stop jerking my herky!
Did I say herky-jerky? My bad.

I meant higgledy-piggledy, helter-skelter, hanky-panky, hocus-pocus, hickory-dickory. Being a no-muss, no-fuss kind of guy I'm bothered by a bunch of jiggery-pokery on my pocketa-pocketa.
 
Greg_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
It's not copasetic to be hacked that a sloppy post about a YouTube troll is ignored. (the YouTube post was "CB1100 Stock Engine Sound (Up to 100MPH)" and the commenter said 125 mph - which is about 200 kmh- in rest of the world without mentioning Europe) Plus you're going all herky-jerky and willie-nillie on euro comrades in general and Italians in particular.

Was' up wid all dat?

Hey man....stop jerking my herky!
Did I say herky-jerky? My bad.

I meant higgledy-piggledy, helter-skelter, hanky-panky, hocus-pocus, hickory-dickory. Being a no-muss, no-fuss kind of guy I'm bothered by a bunch of jiggery-pokery on my pocketa-pocketa.
Did I say herky-jerky? My bad.

I meant higgledy-piggledy, helter-skelter, hanky-panky, hocus-pocus, hickory-dickory. Being a no-muss, no-fuss kind of guy I'm bothered by a bunch of jiggery-pokery on my pocketa-pocketa.
:rofl:
 
:huh: man, I'm all confused. How do you moderate something that totally confuses you. There have been about 2 or 3 of these threads lately I can't hardly even read, much less comprehend.

Why doesn't everybody just go out for a good head clearing ride and we will try this again :biker: ;)
 
Well damn. I may have to look into this. Purely for scientific research purposes only. I wonder if that excuse will fly if I get pinched. :angel:
 
Tortuga_imp said:
Ok, I posted this question on the ECU flash top speed run thread, but got ignored,

Ahem, I watched a YouTube video called CB1100 to 100mph or something.

One of the comments stated that the USA bikes have a 112mph limit but European bikes didn't, he'd had his up to 132mph.

As I'm in Italy at present I can't check it out, but can any of my euro comrades take a spin up the road and check it out please?

I would recommend it be a German as their roads when I was driving in January were perfect, the Italian roads are like concrete dirt tracks, very very dangerous!
I believe we had a German poster last year that confirmed that his CB11 had the limit.

I would be surprised to learn that a random bike here and there did not have the limit (without a reflash).
 
xpacpal1x_imp said:
FWIW, I have met a Southern California owner who says his is not restricted and that he's had it up in the 125-130mph range. I mention this because I recall reading a number of weeks ago about a another forum member who encountered a US owner who maintained his bike wasn't restricted (moderator: correct me if I'm wrong on that)...and he was dismissed by some as a liar (sorry, can't think of a nicer word this early in the morning). So, there is yet another data point for you guys...a possible Southern California bike without a limiter. Only conclusion to draw is that there's at least a couple CB1100 owners who have trouble reading the guages at top speed, or some bikes (early versions?) snuck in without limiters. I know I'll never take mine up to 90, so nothing for me to worry about.
Yes, I recall the thread and the comment was dismissed, but as you've come across someone saying the same thing, maybe there is something to it.
 
Tortuga: put bike on center stand start shifting up to high gear and see where yours limits out. My is. USA model mine would limit out about 110 mph on center stand. But my ECM is on a jet plane now being overnite to Don to be flashed :)
 
The ferret_imp said:
:huh: man, I'm all confused. How do you moderate something that totally confuses you. There have been about 2 or 3 of these threads lately I can't hardly even read, much less comprehend.

Why doesn't everybody just go out for a good head clearing ride and we will try this again :biker: ;)
Ferret, forgive the gratuitous advice. If you can't figure it out, delete it. Why have all that power and not exercise it arbitrarily? :P
 
Thread starter
Ridem32_imp said:
Tortuga: put bike on center stand start shifting up to high gear and see where yours limits out. My is. USA model mine would limit out about 110 mph on center stand. But my ECM is on a jet plane now being overnite to Don to be flashed :)
You obviously haven't seen 'Ferris Beullers Day Off" have you? :D

Put me off those sort of antics for life...

 
Lol, we used to do that with our moped! Run it at full throttle on center stand and rock it until the rear tire touched the ground and wheelie away in a small cloud. Needless to say, the speed variator and chain didn't hold up too long...
 
I own a European 2014 CB1100 EX and can confirm that it has a limiter, max. speed is 180 km/h.
But the CB wasn't imported to Europe from the beginning in and tgere was one dealer in Germany who imported unlimited models from Japan and organized the individual homologation. Probably this explains the video.
 
Back
Top