engine light

tpo12001_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
The engine light came on after the low fuel sensor started blinking,after I fueled up the engine light is on,how can I reset it?2017 cb1100ex
 
Tpo,

It is not hard to do but there is a little procedure. You will need the SCS service connector (a shorting plug) or a paper clip or jumper wire to short 2 pins on the DTC connector.

We cannot post copyrighted material here so if you will PM me your email address I will send you a pic of the service manual that shows and tells and shows you the simple procedure. And I will tell you which wires to short as the procedure uses the SCS connector. And no one seems to have one, except me :D
 
Came with the Ring, did it? :P
 
Welcome Karidis. The video is courtesy of our very own Max.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Came with the Ring, did it? :P
That thing does come in handy once in a while.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Came with the Ring, did it? :P
That thing does come in handy once in a while.
That thing does come in handy once in a while.
Good Day Max, how come your CB comes with "HISS" system, was that CB imported from Japan or other countries?
 
Hi tpo,
I cannot tell from your post, if you have ridden the bike after the engine light came ON.
If not, go for a 5 minutes ride. On my EX this tames the engine light in the following minor cases (as I have learned the long way):
- after a dead battery has been replaced
- after running out of fuel and adding fuel
My assumption is, to the ECU both of these 2 condition look exactly the same. The lack of fuel pressure is responded to with the FI light coming on.
Hope this helps and you don't need to invest in buying or making a service connectors etc.

BTW, I like tpo as it reminds me or 3po in starwars ;)
 
If it were my bike, I first would check the DTC and then act accordingly.
I have never deleted any DTC without checking its description.
 
Max is a busy man. So I will respond that, yes, his bike was imported direct from Japan. I will add that the CB1100s sent to Australia and New Zealand between 2010 and 2012 were all equipped with the HISS.
 
Lord Popgun said:
Tpo,

It is not hard to do but there is a little procedure.  You will need the SCS service connector (a shorting plug) or a paper clip or jumper wire to short 2 pins on the DTC connector.

We cannot post copyrighted material here so if you will PM me your email address I will send you a pic of the service manual that shows and tells and shows you the simple procedure.  And I will tell you which wires to short as the procedure uses the SCS connector.  And no one seems to have one, except me :D

dougwene@yahoo.com
I have my first check engine light also.  Sorry to bother.   Never owned a motorcycle with a computer before.[attachment=1022]
 

Attachments

  • Check Engine.webp
    Check Engine.webp
    49.2 KB · Views: 68
For educational puropse read the entire thread from post #1
You need to know the dtc, fix it acordiangly prior earasing it... any driveability concerns???
Your bike  is a 2017EX, I think is a red-4 pin connector under L-side cover / OBDII ready, I have and use a dtc scanner/reader for motorcycles.
General info for a CB1100 is listed below:


Honda DLC SCS Switch DMT-003

Google Search


Others like pekingduck, max and MiLord may chime in and correct me if I was mistaken....

P.S. Oh boy, 8-9 years old and only 1600 miles, you need to ride this beautiful machine :exclamation:
 
Back
Top