Engine Cover Paint

deltamark

Running like a top
Thread starter
Coming back from this year‘s rally, my CB 1100 Sidecar rig slid into the top rail of the trailer while I was towing it and scratched the engine guard. Was wondering if anyone has painted their engine guard and if so, what paint did you use?

c2ba79f15b1fc9204f81a271165e943c.jpg
 
Could just sand it really smooth and use gloss black engine paint.
 
Ouch, I hope Hank isn’t upset with you. I agree with Gone.
I enjoyed our ride together on the BOTD last week.
 
Thread starter
Thanks Gone in 60. Not sure if I trust myself to do a good enough job, but if I screw it up, I could just then go the replacement route.

Thanks popgun! There’s a good chance I will end up going that way. I appreciate the link.

Hey Suhwak, shhh, Hank hasn’t seen it yet and yes, I enjoyed our ride too. I appreciate you riding with us at a leisurely pace.

suhawk305_imp said:
Ouch, I hope Hank isn’t upset with you. I agree with Gone.
I enjoyed our ride together on the BOTD last week.
 
Might be a good opportunity to try out your vinyl wrapping skills. It's cheap and can give some nice effects, and it is easy to un-do if you don't like it.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Might be a good opportunity to try out your vinyl wrapping skills. It's cheap and can give some nice effects, and it is easy to un-do if you don't like it.
Is there [extra] heat-resistant vinyl wraps?

I do see the merit.
 
Might be hard to wrap something bowl-shaped like that without seams. Might not want to stay put once it gets hot too.
 
Back
Top