I can still hear a variety of noises coming from my engine with a Staintune slip-on installed. The exhaust isn't really all that loud. I've always figured that it was just the nature of the beast, being an air cooled engine.CB4ME_imp said:Mine made funny noises after it sat a month, a definite clicking during warm up. It went away after couple of rides.
But in other cases, like when I installed an air funnel or K&N filter or new exhaust or PCV I thought I heard funny noises, Those were probably caused by a bit of fear and uncertainty that creap into my subconsious, making me super sensitive to perceived wierd sounds.
I agree the air cooled engine is by nature an animal of many different noises. One suggested cure is to install a louder set of headers and exhaust.![]()
Another thing I've noticed is how my engine (this goes for my water-cooled Hawk GT as well) sounds while it is sitting there idling with my helmet off versus having my helmet on. When I have my helmet on, most noises are filtered out, but others are not so they tend to stand out more. I have no idea how things sound going down the road with the helmet off because I always have it on.