End-of-season values

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Scouring the local Craigslist for neat used bikes this time of the year always seems to reveal some screaming deals. Here's what I found today:

2004 BMW R1100S with bags, new tires, all stock, 9300 miles, $3600

2014 BMW RNineT, all stock, 8200 miles, $7995

2014 Honda Interceptor Deluxe with OE panniers, as new, 5600 miles, $4800

2015 Honda Grom, as new, only 46 miles, $2200.

Lots and lots of nearly-new Harley's for low asking prices. Once Sturgis is over and September approaches, people dump these bikes while they still can. This time of the year is always a great buyer's market. Come to think of it, I bought my one-year old DLX for a song in mid-August 2015. It had been languishing at the Honda dealer for six weeks.
 
I never seem to find the good deals. the best thing i've seen that was actually real was late '70s XS750 for $1600, about 23k miles as I recall running and road-ready condition. that was really attractive to me, but i keep telling myself there's no way i'm buying a second bike for at least 3-4 years.
 
Today I found:

1977 Suzuki GS750 for $1500 32,000km

Ad says two owner bike, always garage stored and not ridden in the rain. If it wasn't 5 hours away I would go see it.
 
I found, 1975 Honda CB500T for C$3400, certified...as per ad:

-Chrome in beautiful condition
-Leather seat in beautiful condition
-In excellent running condition
-9000 original miles
Will start either with the electric starter or the kickstart

390651f8ff4012c1c15cc242bafbf305.jpg


:cool:
 
Thread starter
Ah yes, the original "brown seat" bike!

I wonder if David Silver Spares would have the missing side cover and badge in stock.
 
Seems like prices are definitely getting more attractive. I found a new '17 CB11 last weekend for $8K, but somebody else got it.

I've also got my eye on Kaw's '18 Z900RS. Found one for $9K last week, but it's not the rootbeer and orange color I'm looking for.

I hope the trend continues.
 
There's a '17 across town for $9K, which is about $1K more than the local branch of that dealer was selling the same bike last week. I already called 'em and asked if they'd make me the same deal. They said they wouldn't. I'll just keep watching it. Time is on my side. :D

Edit: This particular dealer is well known for stacking ridiculous fees on top of the asking price, so I need to see it down to around $8K to hit my target out-the-door price.
 
Today's find:

2004 Kawasaki Z1000 $4600 22,000km

I don't think it is a super great deal (about average) but I love the '04-06 Z1000. My old riding partner bought a new one in '04 but was paralyzed two months later and had to sell it. I really wanted to buy it but really didn't have time for more than one motorcycle.

This one is completely stock and only 30 mins from me, if I can reach the bars I'm buying it.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
There's a '17 across town for $9K, which is about $1K more than the local branch of that dealer was selling the same bike last week. I already called 'em and asked if they'd make me the same deal. They said they wouldn't. I'll just keep watching it. Time is on my side. :D

Edit: This particular dealer is well known for stacking ridiculous fees on top of the asking price, so I need to see it down to around $8K to hit my target out-the-door price.
Nasty trend here, dealer markup fees. I ask for Out the Door price and dicker off of that. They can sort the fees from there. I used to sell bikes and the only fee we added were taxes. So it's a sore spot for me.
 
Banned_imp said:
Today's find:

2004 Kawasaki Z1000 $4600 22,000km

I don't think it is a super great deal (about average) but I love the '04-06 Z1000. My old riding partner bought a new one in '04 but was paralyzed two months later and had to sell it. I really wanted to buy it but really didn't have time for more than one motorcycle.

This one is completely stock and only 30 mins from me, if I can reach the bars I'm buying it.
I had to pass on the Z1000, as I expected the bars were too low. The riding position wasn't bad but the bars were too low to stand up, a must for me. I'm still tempted to buy it just for short rides regardless.

I wonder what a Z1000 would look like wit a set of 12" mini apes?:idea:

Today I found this:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=

Being retired Army makes me want it for parades and memorial events.
 
W/R, the link didn't work for me.

I think you should try the Z1000 with mini apes, although the reason for their name is apparent every time you see someone riding with them.
 
Banned_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
Today's find:

2004 Kawasaki Z1000 $4600 22,000km

I don't think it is a super great deal (about average) but I love the '04-06 Z1000. My old riding partner bought a new one in '04 but was paralyzed two months later and had to sell it. I really wanted to buy it but really didn't have time for more than one motorcycle.

This one is completely stock and only 30 mins from me, if I can reach the bars I'm buying it.
I had to pass on the Z1000, as I expected the bars were too low. The riding position wasn't bad but the bars were too low to stand up, a must for me. I'm still tempted to buy it just for short rides regardless.

I wonder what a Z1000 would look like wit a set of 12" mini apes?:idea:

Today I found this:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=

Being retired Army makes me want it for parades and memorial events.
I had to pass on the Z1000, as I expected the bars were too low. The riding position wasn't bad but the bars were too low to stand up, a must for me. I'm still tempted to buy it just for short rides regardless.

I wonder what a Z1000 would look like wit a set of 12" mini apes?:idea:

Today I found this:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=

Being retired Army makes me want it for parades and memorial events.
Maybe this?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1382588061
 
Dont have to worry about anyone stealing it. Comes with its own security detail
 
That worked. Thanks.
 
Back
Top