11bc, could you show us a couple of pics of your dremeling around the guages and the protective taping? I too, using directions from Captwb1136, must do some cutting, dremeling and sanding. Would like to see how yours looks too.
Thanks 11, appreciate the help . . .
0011bc_imp said:
TCinNC_imp said:
0011bc_imp said:
i like the viper i installed, used stock bucket hardware
Where did you happen to find that?? It looks really good. How is it at highway speeds?
Where did you happen to find that?? It looks really good. How is it at highway speeds?
I found it at my local shop
Home - Milwaukee Cycle but you can get them anywhere
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Someone asked about the shield hitting the gauges...
I took my Drimmel and cut off a chunk of the plastic at the bottom where it contacts the horns and made enough room to tilt the fairing forward so that it sits about two inches above the gauges. Since the only mounting points are the headlight mounting screws, you can just pivot the whole thing forward. I didn't bother making a bracket for the bottom because the mounting screws seem to hold it all stable, even at speed, but others have added something to support the bottom.
I dremeled enough out by the gauges for exact fit around the headlight bezel, I also had to notch out for the turn signals, I also used adhesive weather stripping around the dremeled parts that come into close contact to avoid wear on the gauges, and two little pieces on the brake reservoirs for the same reason.
Where did you happen to find that?? It looks really good. How is it at highway speeds?
I found it at my local shop
Home - Milwaukee Cycle but you can get them anywhere
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Someone asked about the shield hitting the gauges...
I took my Drimmel and cut off a chunk of the plastic at the bottom where it contacts the horns and made enough room to tilt the fairing forward so that it sits about two inches above the gauges. Since the only mounting points are the headlight mounting screws, you can just pivot the whole thing forward. I didn't bother making a bracket for the bottom because the mounting screws seem to hold it all stable, even at speed, but others have added something to support the bottom.
I dremeled enough out by the gauges for exact fit around the headlight bezel, I also had to notch out for the turn signals, I also used adhesive weather stripping around the dremeled parts that come into close contact to avoid wear on the gauges, and two little pieces on the brake reservoirs for the same reason.