ECU installed

Ridem32_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Got my ECU back from Don 2 day service! It's raining here so I put on center stand and let her rip! 6th gear pegged speedo out 130mph about 8k RPMS :)
560f6c3abbfdba9d4fbf90c179eaa708.jpg

31c65629637e3e2bde60fc81b7a53497.jpg

Really about 7,800 RPM SPEEDO PEGGED OUT can't wait to ride it. Told him I was leaving my bike stock pipes , air filter etc. He just did the timing thru the lower gears. He did not do anything to the fuel ratio. He said my mileage should go up due to advance timing! WOT is still set at factory. No speed limiter! 500rpms increase :) Will let everyone know how it runs. I might not can even feel any difference with just seat of pants!
 
Nice one. That's two now isn't it? One '13 and one '14?
 
Thread starter
Yes Don has done one 13 model for CIP and did my 14 model. Don says if I'm not happy with it to let him know and he will make it right for me. He now knows about the. 13 & 14. But he still wants to put one on the dyno and see how it preforms He says the honda cbr1000 rr really make them fly. Trust me he is very helpfull anyone wanting theirs done tell him you heard about him from this forum
 
Good to hear everything went smooth.

I'm curious as to your gear ratio, here is mine at 120 mph

4th gear 7900rpm's
5th gear 6900 rpm's

I brought it up slow on the center stand to 120 so we can get an accurate comparison.

Installed my Yoshi yesterday, roads where wet but my 60-80 times are much better, bike is much more responsive and making more HP in top gear.
 
Thread starter
Tortuga: I just took it down the road for first ride. Wow honda & Don created a monster !! I kept my air/fuel stock just told done to get the most out of my motor being stock. Remove the speed limiter and bump up the rpm limit by about 500 rpms. He took the timing retard out of the fist 5 gears and it's a screamer! I was running 85 mph in second gear and got of hit 100mph in 2nd gear. Now it's a real 1100 motor :) but time will tell me more. Been raining here sun popped out for a few so I had to hit the road one time ! Beware of the Mississippi kid !! Lol. :)
I way trying to say could of hit 100 in 2nd gear
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Tortuga: I just took it down the road for first ride. Wow honda & Don created a monster !! I kept my air/fuel stock just told done to get the most out of my motor being stock. Remove the speed limiter and bump up the rpm limit by about 500 rpms. He took the timing retard out of the fist 5 gears and it's a screamer! I was running 85 mph in second gear and got of hit 100mph in 2nd gear. Now it's a real 1100 motor :) but time will tell me more. Been raining here sun popped out for a few so I had to hit the road one time ! Beware of the Mississippi kid !! Lol. :)
I way trying to say could of hit 100 in 2nd gear
Holy schmoke!! :D that sounds awesome!

I'm sorely tempted. Hmm... :-/
 
Thread starter
Don did mine with no dyno. But I think he got it pretty close to where it needs to be. But like I said I want know for sure untill I get some riding time on it. I believe I could peg my speedo in 3rd gear. I will find out soon :)
 
I guess I'll have to wait for all this to come to the UK as I don't fancy mailing my ECU stateside.... :dodgy:

Sounds fantastic though..are you gonna make some on board film footage for us to salivate over?
 
Thread starter
The speed scene might be on pay preview if so cost $20 each! :). Tortuga your credit is good BUT I might need cash in advance lol
Signed: seeking gsxr, s & cbr,s
Hold on please! I'm on the phone with HONDA they want my bike in JAPAN for the fastest honda ever made ! Lol
 
Ridem32_imp said:
The speed scene might be on pay preview if so cost $20 each! :). Tortuga your credit is good BUT I might need cash in advance lol
Signed: seeking gsxr, s & cbr,s
Hold on please! I'm on the phone with HONDA they want my bike in JAPAN for the fastest honda ever made ! Lol

Ok, I'll give you an advance of $1.00 to show good faith, and the rest can go on tick!

:D
 
Ridem32_imp said:
On center stand! At 120mph
4th gear 7,800 rpm
5th gear 6,500 rpm
6th gear 6,000 rpm
Very surprised Honda put a taller 5th gear with a 6 speed tranny, though it would be shorter for sure.
 
And the Mississippi roads echoed with the roar of screaming Honda. Where are my earplugs?

I'll subscribe too, Ridem.
 
Back
Top