Easy question re trip meter reset

ohiorider_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Just took delivery of 2014 Black Standard yesterday, and rode 245 miles from the dealer in Clarksburg WV to Hudson OH. Sweet machine!
Question - I've read and reread the page in the manual that describes how to reset the TRIP 1 and 2 meters, but no success.

I'm .....
- turning on the ignition/leaving engine off
- depress the 'A' button to cycle from Total to TRIP1
- release 'A' and depress 'B' Button to zero TRIP1
- nothing happens/still displays TRIP1 mileage/won't zero out
- same if I display TRIP2
What's the secret?

Thanks

Bob
 
ohiorider_imp said:
Just took delivery of 2014 Black Standard yesterday, and rode 245 miles from the dealer in Clarksburg WV to Hudson OH. Sweet machine!
Question - I've read and reread the page in the manual that describes how to reset the TRIP 1 and 2 meters, but no success.

I'm .....
- turning on the ignition/leaving engine off
- depress the 'A' button to cycle from Total to TRIP1
- release 'A' and depress 'B' Button to zero TRIP1
- nothing happens/still displays TRIP1 mileage/won't zero out
- same if I display TRIP2
What's the secret?

Thanks

Bob
Press and HOLD "A" button to reset...
 
Press and HOLD button at least 2 seconds to reset...

You can reset trip A without affecting B and I do every day. Trip A I use for daily mileage, trip B for fuel mileage on the tank. I might zero A 3 or 4 times before I need gas in the tank. When I fill the tank, I zero B and it doesn't affect A at all, just the functions of B... (Miles since B was last zeroed, ave mileage since B was last zeroed, and fuel used since B last zeroed).

Zeroing A will ..... Zero mileage since A was last zero'd, zero gas mileage since A was last zero'd, and zero amount of fuel used since A was last zero'd. It doesn't affect B at all.
Zeroing B will ..... Zero mileage since B was last zero'd, zero gas mileage since B was last zero'd, and zero amount of fuel used since B was last zero'd. It doesn't affect A at all.

The button cycles thru in order.... odometer, trip A (3 functions) trip B (3 functions) and real time mileage then back to odometer. At point A you can zero the 3 A functions by pressing and holding the button without affecting B. You can also cycle thru to B and zero it by pressing and holding (3 functions) without affecting A. You can zero A and B without affecting odometer. Real time gas mileage only shows up while you are running I do believe
 
Thread starter
Thanks, guys. I had been using a copy of the manual for the 5 speed (2013 CB1100) instead of the small hard copy that came with the bike. My older manual indicated shifting to Trip1 and Trip2 using the "A" button, then cancelling trip mileage(s) using the "B" button.

Bob
 
Be careful with that Ohiorider. The torque spec for the rear axle is also different for the '13s and '14s as the axle is different.
 
The 2014 has a whole range of meter functions not available on earlier models.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
The 2014 has a whole range of meter functions not available on earlier models.
I'll read up on all the dash features. I'm excited about the CB1100 ...... I love twins, but believe the DOHC 4 cylinder Honda will be a unique addition to the very small stable of bikes I own (not sure two other bikes qualifies as a 'stable.'

Ohiorider
 
ohiorider_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
The 2014 has a whole range of meter functions not available on earlier models.
I'll read up on all the dash features. I'm excited about the CB1100 ...... I love twins, but believe the DOHC 4 cylinder Honda will be a unique addition to the very small stable of bikes I own (not sure two other bikes qualifies as a 'stable.'

Ohiorider
Of course it does. I reckon one bike qualifies. But then I would say that.
 
A stable would only refer to the garage you store things in, nothing to do with number of bikes you have.

Like horses, a stable is the building they stay in. Doesn't matter if it is one or 100.
 
My computer has a built in dictionary which I reckon is pretty neat. The second definition of the word 'stable' is as follows:

Quote:stable 2 |ˈsteɪb(ə)l|
noun
a building set apart and adapted for keeping horses: the horse was led from its stable.
• an establishment where racehorses are kept and trained: racing stables | the horse make his debut for the Mick Naughton stable.
• the racehorses of a particular training establishment.
• an organization or establishment training or producing a particular type of person or product: the player comes from the same stable as Agassi.
While it may be drawing a long bow to call one item a stable, it is certainly legitimate to call more than one racehorse a stable. It would also be legitimate to refer to the 'Honda stable'. I'd have thought in everyday usage, it would be OK to talk about a stable of motorcycles belonging to an individual; Jay Leno for example.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
My computer has a built in dictionary which I reckon is pretty neat. The second definition of the word 'stable' is as follows:

Quote:stable 2 |ˈsteɪb(ə)l|
noun
a building set apart and adapted for keeping horses: the horse was led from its stable.
• an establishment where racehorses are kept and trained: racing stables | the horse make his debut for the Mick Naughton stable.
• the racehorses of a particular training establishment.
• an organization or establishment training or producing a particular type of person or product: the player comes from the same stable as Agassi.
While it may be drawing a long bow to call one item a stable, it is certainly legitimate to call more than one racehorse a stable. It would also be legitimate to refer to the 'Honda stable'. I'd have thought in everyday usage, it would be OK to talk about a stable of motorcycles belonging to an individual; Jay Leno for example.
While it may be drawing a long bow to call one item a stable, it is certainly legitimate to call more than one racehorse a stable. It would also be legitimate to refer to the 'Honda stable'. I'd have thought in everyday usage, it would be OK to talk about a stable of motorcycles belonging to an individual; Jay Leno for example. That's sort of where I was with the term 'stable' too. Yeah, I know ..... a stable of horses ..... not the same as a flock of geese or a herd of cattle. But, it's just a term I've used, correctly or not.

Bob
 
Works fr me one, ten, a hundred, if it's in your garage it's your stable.
 
Back
Top