Easy Headlight Upgrade to LED

The ferret_imp said:
hd...are the first two pictures

low beam stock
low beam led

and the second two pictures

high beam stock
high beam led?

If so do you mind if I mod it to say that by each pic?
That is correct! All my comments were put together, above the pictures.
Please go ahead and adjust the comments, thank you!

I will take more pictures tonight on the same spot that I did with stock headlight to get a better comparison.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
 
olekzap_imp said:
I have the one linked below. It's decent, quite a bit more light than the standard bulb. The patter is OK, not perfect but it's not blinding to others and definitely lights up the road better than stock. I am really looking to get the LED headlight with the correct projectors that the new CBs have, though. Anyone know if those are available yet?

AdvMonster.com is for sale | HugeDomains
I checked at the dealer in Milton, ONt- LED OEM 2017 light - $875 his cost $675 - ouch
 
caddy425_imp said:
olekzap_imp said:
I have the one linked below. It's decent, quite a bit more light than the standard bulb. The patter is OK, not perfect but it's not blinding to others and definitely lights up the road better than stock. I am really looking to get the LED headlight with the correct projectors that the new CBs have, though. Anyone know if those are available yet?

AdvMonster.com is for sale | HugeDomains
I checked at the dealer in Milton, ONt- LED OEM 2017 light - $875 his cost $675 - ouch
I checked at the dealer in Milton, ONt- LED OEM 2017 light - $875 his cost $675 - ouch
ooo that's a lot. Probably not worth it for me at this point but maybe in the future I can find a used one or one off a totaled bike or something.
 
I have the Cyclops headlight bulb in my CB. I like the whiter illumination and the beam projection much better than the halogen OEM bulb. Installation did take a little surgery to the rubber boot to accommodate the Cyclops but it's still there. Getting the assembly in the bucket was a bit of challenge but not impossible.
 
hdvalente_imp said:
olekzap_imp said:
I have the one linked below. It's decent, quite a bit more light than the standard bulb. The patter is OK, not perfect but it's not blinding to others and definitely lights up the road better than stock. I am really looking to get the LED headlight with the correct projectors that the new CBs have, though. Anyone know if those are available yet?

AdvMonster.com is for sale | HugeDomains
I was planning to upgrade mine with the 2017 CB1100 LED headlight, but after contacting Mr. Takashi (Samurider), he said that they will be about 100,000 Yen ($900) and he is not sure yet if they are a direct fit to older models.
I ordered this one instead:
Product Not Available
I should receive it this weekend and then I will post pictures and impressions.
I was planning to upgrade mine with the 2017 CB1100 LED headlight, but after contacting Mr. Takashi (Samurider), he said that they will be about 100,000 Yen ($900) and he is not sure yet if they are a direct fit to older models.
I ordered this one instead:
Product Not Available
I should receive it this weekend and then I will post pictures and impressions.

How'd the headlight workout???
 
FOURi_imp said:
hdvalente_imp said:
olekzap_imp said:
I have the one linked below. It's decent, quite a bit more light than the standard bulb. The patter is OK, not perfect but it's not blinding to others and definitely lights up the road better than stock. I am really looking to get the LED headlight with the correct projectors that the new CBs have, though. Anyone know if those are available yet?

AdvMonster.com is for sale | HugeDomains
I was planning to upgrade mine with the 2017 CB1100 LED headlight, but after contacting Mr. Takashi (Samurider), he said that they will be about 100,000 Yen ($900) and he is not sure yet if they are a direct fit to older models.
I ordered this one instead:
Product Not Available
I should receive it this weekend and then I will post pictures and impressions.
I was planning to upgrade mine with the 2017 CB1100 LED headlight, but after contacting Mr. Takashi (Samurider), he said that they will be about 100,000 Yen ($900) and he is not sure yet if they are a direct fit to older models.
I ordered this one instead:
Product Not Available
I should receive it this weekend and then I will post pictures and impressions.

How'd the headlight workout???
I was planning to upgrade mine with the 2017 CB1100 LED headlight, but after contacting Mr. Takashi (Samurider), he said that they will be about 100,000 Yen ($900) and he is not sure yet if they are a direct fit to older models.
I ordered this one instead:
Product Not Available
I should receive it this weekend and then I will post pictures and impressions.

How'd the headlight workout??? Hi FOURi,

I posted several pictures on this same thread.
They work great and I liked the looks as well.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
After my failed attempt to go to the CB1100 Rally in Arkansas, I am seriously considering selling my CB.
I rented a Harley on Saturday while on a business trip to Florida and didn't feel any pain on my back.
Yesterday I got to ride my CB once again since my attempted trip to Arkansas and I felt a little bit of pain and even my hands got numb very fast (short ride).
It's my secondary motorcycle and I bought it because I always liked the Honda CB line (my older brother had one back in the 80's and I had a CB500 in 2007).
I would have to make a few changes in order to keep it (handlebar, riser and seat) that would eventually change the original design for which I purchased it in the first place.
That being said, I may uninstall the LED headlight and sell it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
 
I tried the ADVmonster LED's in the CB1100 and a DR650. Much better then stock. Visibility at night much improved. But I really bought this for "see me" in the daylight hours, I've learned to not ride at a night - anywhere.

Also installed a LED driving light on the CB1100 - HUGE improvement.

Every vehicle I own now has LED aftermarket lights... factory lights are very poor it seems these days.
 
Back
Top