Easy Headlight Upgrade to LED

I have the one linked below. It's decent, quite a bit more light than the standard bulb. The patter is OK, not perfect but it's not blinding to others and definitely lights up the road better than stock. I am really looking to get the LED headlight with the correct projectors that the new CBs have, though. Anyone know if those are available yet?

AdvMonster.com is for sale | HugeDomains
 
I'm relatively certain, as with most LED bulb replacements with reflectors made for halogens, the light scatters all over the place and doesn't really shine down the road very much. It may SEEM like there's a ton of light, but it's all over the side of the road, not down the road where you need it.
 
AzBob_imp said:
I'm relatively certain, as with most LED bulb replacements with reflectors made for halogens, the light scatters all over the place and doesn't really shine down the road very much. It may SEEM like there's a ton of light, but it's all over the side of the road, not down the road where you need it.
you are exactly right and that is why so many cars [ mostly kids in ricers ] have that annoying blinding light.
 
olekzap_imp said:
I have the one linked below. It's decent, quite a bit more light than the standard bulb. The patter is OK, not perfect but it's not blinding to others and definitely lights up the road better than stock. I am really looking to get the LED headlight with the correct projectors that the new CBs have, though. Anyone know if those are available yet?

AdvMonster.com is for sale | HugeDomains
I was planning to upgrade mine with the 2017 CB1100 LED headlight, but after contacting Mr. Takashi (Samurider), he said that they will be about 100,000 Yen ($900) and he is not sure yet if they are a direct fit to older models.
I ordered this one instead:
Product Not Available
I should receive it this weekend and then I will post pictures and impressions.
 
There's something about the 2017 headlight that bothers me. I can't quite place it, but it has to do with the set of bezels and the inner LED ring. Almost makes it look like a standard lamp housing retrofitted to take a projector. Reminds me of something someone would throw together to make it work, without regard for aesthetics.

The motodemic evo 2 with the Triumph bucket was a fairly easy install and gives off great light. Then again, the individual LED projectors might not be everyone's cup of tea either.
 
DHL delivered the LED headlight today!
But it's raining here so I will install it tomorrow night to be able to compare light output from OEM and LED.
It seems to be well made and the design looks the same as JW Speaker Evo 2.
 
hdvalente_imp said:
DHL delivered the LED headlight today!
But it's raining here so I will install it tomorrow night to be able to compare light output from OEM and LED.
It seems to be well made and the design looks the same as JW Speaker Evo 2.
This looks pretty nice, can you update once you've installed it? If it really is a direct replacement I'll probably order one.
 
I can't tell from the web site what the unit cost. How much was it? And looking forward to you report an how it performs.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
olekzap_imp said:
hdvalente_imp said:
DHL delivered the LED headlight today!
But it's raining here so I will install it tomorrow night to be able to compare light output from OEM and LED.
It seems to be well made and the design looks the same as JW Speaker Evo 2.
This looks pretty nice, can you update once you've installed it? If it really is a direct replacement I'll probably order one.
This looks pretty nice, can you update once you've installed it? If it really is a direct replacement I'll probably order one. It should be a direct replacement. I will install it tonight (rain should stop in 30 min) and post pictures.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Elipten_imp said:
I can't tell from the web site what the unit cost. How much was it? And looking forward to you report an how it performs.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
It was $288 + $26 shipping. I was amazed that it was posted on Monday (Singapore) and delivered yesterday already.
I believe the higher price is because of the direct fitment design. Usually they sell for under $100. I bought one for my Harley and it was $89 (shipping cost included and arriving next week with DHL).

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
 
I got it installed and the light output is not as great as I expected when compared to the halogen.
I ended up parking a bit further from the original spot so not too bad.
And I was using the Philips X-treme Vision +130% Headlight Bulb (H4 60/55W) which doesn't last very long because it's way brighter than a standard bulb.

Installation was simple, the LED has same design as the OEM.
The only thing I had to change were the two screws that hold the alignment bracket. The OEM screw is ~3.9 mm in diameter and the LED is ~4.8 mm.
I removed the aluminum ring from the OEM and it fits perfect as well.



Top projector is low beam and bottom is high beam.
Only high beam projector stays on, switching off the low beam. The side ones are on all the time.

The sides get more light with the LED and since I was not as close as with the halogen installed, I believe it was a good purchase.

A couple of weeks ago I installed heated grips, Honda alarm (I will post about it this weekend) and replaced all bulbs with LED. Now with LED headlight, the bike will be fine when I add a GPS and phone charging connections.

Pic 1 Low beam stock
Pic 2 Low beam LED.

Pic 3 High Beam Stock
Pic 4 High Beam LED

And more pictures.
 
Looks great
717df9a8ad000e8a2d445eacb8dc4c11.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
hd...are the first two pictures

low beam stock
low beam led

and the second two pictures

high beam stock
high beam led?

If so do you mind if I mod it to say that by each pic?
 
Back
Top