Easily removable windscreen suggestion?

jimigalahad_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Loving my stock CB around my humble FL town but struggling to stay comfortable on my weekend rides to the coast (about 2 hours one way). Anything over 60mph is really doing a number on my neck as I try to keep my body and head steady and it's really been cutting into my desire to ride. I'm 5'8.5". So...
1) Is there a windscreen you'd recommend for this type of weekend highway warrior riding?
2) Can I remove it easily once I get home?

Thanks in advance.
 
Lot of threads in search about windscreens but basically they range from mini like the little fly screens to deflector size to street shield size to street shield ex size to plexifairing 2 size to plexifairing 3 size. Each comes with advantages and disadvantages in both protection, looks, wind noise, buffeting and convenience.

Type windshield or windscreen in the search engine and you can probably spend all day reading threads about windshields.
 
It's hard to beat a National Cycle shield with a Quick Release mounting system for easy removal and installation. It takes me about 30 seconds.

I'm using the National Cycle Deflector DX. It's a fairly small shield that keeps the wind off my upper body at highway speeds. They also have a slightly larger Street Shield EX and even larger Plexifairing 2 that fit the CB11. Search this section of the forum for reviews and the Nat Cycle website for shield measurements.
 
Got a Puig Plus on my bike and it's an effective screen that can be removed in seconds by loosening the two headlight mounting bolts and just as quickly re-installed.

ed83aed079f954bce74e64f350279c77.jpg


5c9cadf4e90ec18a164da053c656e232.jpg
 
I have the Puig Plus too and I really like it. Plus (pun intented?) :) it is inexpensive ~$95 or so.
 
Puig Plus users...did you go for the light smoke or dark smoke? I just ordered mine and went for the light smoke. Hoping that is what I'm seeing in the pics.
 
Puig users - What's the drill for ordering from Puig? Went to Puigusa website but couldn't find access to an online store. Emailed customer service, but no reply. I'd like to get a smoke Plus windscreen for my CB.

Thanks.
Steve
 
Pauley_imp said:
ubelhjs_imp said:
Puig users - What's the drill for ordering from Puig? Went to Puigusa website but couldn't find access to an online store. Emailed customer service, but no reply. I'd like to get a smoke Plus windscreen for my CB.

Thanks.
Steve
I ordered my Puig TOP from http://www.monsterparts.com
I ordered my Puig TOP from http://www.monsterparts.com
Ordered mine from Monster also in light smoke.
 
What would it take to say get a front on photo of say each of these options, the puig, street shield, street shield ex, deflector, etc as well as one from the riding position. From members of these forms and not a stock photo from the manufacturers.

I am on the fence and have been looking at a street shield ex, but this puig looks good also but I was to keep the wind of as well as look somewhat good...

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks guys for your responses. I've also been on the fence for awhile, but after a 2 hr cruise through the Pennyrile region of Kentucky, I've pushed this to the top of my "must have list". I really like the looks of the Puig Plus on redbirds CB.
 
The PUIG TOP windscreen caught my eye too.
I'll be interested in how you like it.
I was thinking National Cycle, but am reconsidering.
 
dBuster_imp said:
What would it take to say get a front on photo of say each of these options, the puig, street shield, street shield ex, deflector, etc as well as one from the riding position. From members of these forms and not a stock photo from the manufacturers.

I am on the fence and have been looking at a street shield ex, but this puig looks good also but I was to keep the wind of as well as look somewhat good...

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
Dbuster I looked and don't have a head on photo but heres a slight quartering view of a street shield ex on a 13


 
Thanks ferret, I asked that before I bought my street shield ex. Now all I need to do is do the cut down on that shield.

I was swayed to the street shield ex due to the four point mounting that was also quick disconnect and the looks were not bad on our bikes.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
I don't have anything to compare the Puig TOP to other than itself. I have tried taking it on and off a few times to get a good reference - definitely redirects the force of the wind at highway speeds above my chest. Not really any extra turbulence at the helmet level to speak of. I like it on and I am very happy with it from both performance and looks. I'm 6' tall if that helps any.

Rocky_imp said:
The PUIG TOP windscreen caught my eye too.
I'll be interested in how you like it.
I was thinking National Cycle, but am reconsidering.
 
Back
Top