Dynojet Wide Band 2, PCV and Autotune

Thread starter
Hey All,

I've just taken delivery of a Dynojet Wide Band 2 Commander to run in tandem with my PCV.

It's supposed to work like the Autotune but is also able to adjust the closed loop AFR by feeding a signal to the ECU.

It tricks the ECU into adjusting the closed Loop AFR by sending it a signal via the cable from the, now redundant, Narrow Band O2 sensor that was fitted as std. (The Wide Band 2 uses it's own Bosch O2 Sensor that replaces the OEM one)

So, I have control of the Closed Loop AF and can adjust it, but to what? And to what ends?

Any idea what the Closed Loop AF should ideally be?
I have a gauge, so I can get a reading of what it is now.

Is it in fact a good idea to adjust it?

I get a fair amount of popping on the overrun, I'm thinking this could be ironed out by adjusting the AFR on the Closed Loop circuit.

I'm very aware that just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should....

Any ideas/opinions on this from the more experienced tuners on the forum?

Also, any tips advice from those running the Autotune?

I'll be fitting it and testing it on Monday and will let you know how it goes, but any advice or top tips would be appreciated.

Best

kev
 
Thread starter
... that's not right actually. the outside dia. is 18mm but not the thread. I've got a 18mm bung that came with the Wide Band 2 and i'll be welding that in tomorrow...
 
Thread starter
Ok, update it is...

Welded bung in, sealed exhaust joints with HT silicone and fitted the WB2.

Running he WB2 as an autotune device.

Took it for a first long blast yesterday and it was great. Pulled a lot cleaner and harder off the stop. It had had a bit of lag and a dip th ere. It now pulls strongly from the stop all the way thru.
Stronger everywhere

Great upgraded I'm very happy with it....
 
Bumping this back up because I unboxed my arrow header this morning and am holding it up next to the bike trying to figure out where I want to weld on the 18mm bung for the autotune sensor.

Looks like I am going to put it back close to the end where the mounting tab to the frame is, on the inside of the bike, parallel to the ground.

If I had planed on keeping the autotune sensor in, O2 sensors typically are mounted with an upward angle to stop moisture from accumulating and helping longevity.

But I am not going to leave the autotune sensor in for anything other than tuning as the collector pipe is only 1.5 inch and the large WBO2 blocks a good amount of that when installed limiting / hurting CFM a bit I imagine.

Having it level to the ground should make install and removal of sensor / block off plug much easier.
 
Wow! Someone’s finally doing the cams!
 
Can I see two simple and complete dyno tests of the same bike:;
stock and after all modifications completed
Do not care about how it feels.

...and total cost of mods

Thanks and good luck to all engineers

pb
 
The baseline won't be 'stock' since I have a staintune muffler and sold the stock can, but that difference should be negligible.

I'm not going to bother making a list of cost for several reasons.

#1 being I just don't care.

#2 I also try to buy parts preowned when I can to let someone else take the retail hit- such as the arrow headers I got here in the classifieds, the velocity stacks and camshafts that are both now modified came from ebay.

#3 I do all the work myself. So I am not paying for labor. But how do you put a value on my time, tools, and ability to do something such as modify the velocity stacks?
 
Dubs you have different camshafts? Did someone make them specifically for the CB1100? Street grind or strip grind?
 
I bought a set of low mile cams on Ebay from a wrecked parted out bike. I sent them off to Web cams where they measured them. They then gave me some options on various grinds.

Just doing a mild street cam hoping to wake the bike up a little bit. Won't be raising the rev limiter or anything drastic. Just uncorking the overly conservative state Honda chose.

They may have had no choice these days- air cooled selling world wide regulations probably forced = low lift, low overlap, lean fuel. Oh- and sewing machine quiet too.
 
Interesting. Hope you let us know how it works out.
 
Back
Top