Dunlop RoadSmart II tyres

Aussie_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
12000 odd km service on the Cb and some new tyres to boot. On the reliable say so of my mechanic I have had fitted Dunlop RoadSmart II's. Front 110/80, Rear 150/70. Can't find the 140/70s anymore. Only had them on for a day and because it has been raining and damp I've not really broken them in properly. First impressions are good but will know more after a decent dry weather run. Some photos to follow:
12a5a16d2027aee8bdcfdb8c9efb2c9a.jpg
e4fd957a19afbb20b39a4b2256ca0ab9.jpg
f98c0b6da1a9fcbcaf00d07d37e24fb6.jpg
940c06b1f7581d03030a6e46792073a3.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Yes, they replaced the original OEM D205's. Mine was an 05/2010 build so it was about time. Just need a dry day to get out and about in the Adelaide hills for a decent scrub in and ride report.

Edit. Ah, I see your write up where you have fitted some PR3's in 160/60. I had those on my VFR, nice tyres. I didn't think the OEM's were too bad so hopefully these new tyres will be just as good or an improvement. We shall see...
 
I have had Dunlop Road Smart on my CB1000 and really liked them.
When they went to Road Smart 2 the size I wanted (170) was no longer made.
I could have gone to a 160 but went to an Avon 180 instead, this tire looked much better on the bike than a 160 and the grip is great.
I probably will put a 150 Road Smart on my CB 1100 when the Bridge Stones are worn.
I think that the 150 is more in line with tire recommendations for our rim than the 160 although people seem to like the 160 Michelin.
 
redbirds_imp said:
Good info. Would like to see more tire options for our CB.

+1. You'd think with a 5 year run that someone would offer up tires besides oem
 
Thread starter
Couldn't help myself and went for a little ride between showers today (days off during the week!). Scrubbed the tyres in a bit. Wow, great tyres. Nice and sticky, confident in the wet. Nice road handling. Amazing what a service and tyre change makes! Very happy with my choice. The bike took off like a scalded cat. Fitted the staintune again and went for a blast. WOT, 0-80 kph in first, hit redline and shifted to second gear and took off again to 100. Tyres felt glued to the Tarmac. Should have changed them out when I first got the bike, that's how good they are over the OEM...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Thanks Ptero. I can see how a 160 tyre would not be an issue with this bike either.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi Aussi,

was doing some research about these tires, is the rear tire you have fitted an 18 inch like stock or a 17 inch?

The only 18inch I find here Dunlop motorband Sportmax Roadsmart 2: Pneus Online is a 160 width, I'd rather not go that way and stay close to stock as possible, so 140 width or 150.

But the 150 size only come in an 17inch.

So just wondering if yours is a 150/70-18 at the rear?

Thx!
 
I believe Dunlop did make a 150/70-18 at one time (I remember seeing it on their website), but it was never available here. It's likely that size is discontinued.
As for putting a 17" tire on an 18" rim....even if that is possible, it is a big no-no!
 
I'm currently running RoadSmart II's on my 600-lb. K1200RS. They were very nice for the first 3,000 miles but now at 5,000 miles, they're toast. The dual-compound front is squared off in the center and badly cupped and scalloped along the edges. But to be fair, the Beemer is a heavy bike, with a heavy Telelever front end, and in 130,000 miles of ownership I've never found a tire for this bike that could go beyond about 7,000 miles. That being said, they might be wonderful on the CB1100.
 
Back
Top