Double stack- hold the cheese

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
As some of you know- our bikes have 32mm throttle bodies but neck down to 26-27 mm by inserting narrow velocity stacks deep into our TB to choke it down (sorry I forget the size exactly- been a while since I measured).

The TB themselves have a lip cast into them to accept larger ‘normal’ stacks as these same castings are used in several other bikes without the choking- meaning they have larger velocity stacks- even on much smaller bikes.

TSR has larger stacks for our bikes made that fit into the groove- but are pretty expensive.

I have had good results just by boring the ID of the stock plastic stacks- but as always, a hot rodder wants more.

Thing is- I try to be an intelligent hot rodder- and gain power without sacrifice. That is much more difficult.

To date- I have achieved 103whp and over 75wtq.

I could just get the TSR stacks to open up the breathing- would probably gain hp- but might drop a little tq.

What if I could possibly improve both?

That brings us to where we are now-

1b953dac8caf9df826ff08b5045e66b5.jpg



Many more expensive high end sport bikes have used dual stack for years now to have both high end flow but maintain velocity at lower revs.

Like anything else- it’s not that Honda wasn’t aware of this- they just didn’t see a need, or cost.

I’m pretty excited about this one.

45248077da5b90edfb700709fe123a76.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And where we are now as the 'before'-

38f58eb25b1c3682e8747b7d18483c45.jpg
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
Are you 3D printing this? If so, what filament are you using?

Shop responded- ABS

Shop responded- ABS
Nice!

Curious as to how you generated the cad model itself? I know Lidar technology is making 3D modeling easier these days but not sure if you made it yourself with measurements
 
Thread starter
I am having a shop who has done such products for other bikes take care of the smart stuff.

I am just a simple monkey that will take the bike apart, install, and dyno.
 
103rwhp and 75ft lbs? That's about what I got with the Guhl tune, open airbox and a full exhaust. Weird how tunes are illegal but bigger throttlebodies isn't.
 
Thread starter
Define open airbox? Did you remove the airbox, did you do anything with the stock velocity stacks?

These are still stocked throttle bodies, I am just switching out the velocity stacks for a new design.

I would like to see your dyno chart if your numbers are close to what I achieved.

I haven’t seen anyone else show that they have hit 100whp yet.

Did you do it on the Dynojet?

Do you have the actual run file?

if so I can do an overlay


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
In 4 dyno numbers as well...

I too, thought I was easily at the 100WHP mark with Guhls/Exhaust/TSR air funnel, until I found out that PD(with cams) is barely breaking 100HP himself with his setup :huh:
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Define open airbox? Did you remove the airbox, did you do anything with the stock velocity stacks?

These are still stocked throttle bodies, I am just switching out the velocity stacks for a new design.

I would like to see your dyno chart if your numbers are close to what I achieved.

I haven’t seen anyone else show that they have hit 100whp yet.

Did you do it on the Dynojet?

Do you have the actual run file?

if so I can do an overlay


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Open airbox as in a de snorkel and a slight mod to the venturi opening in the box. Just gives a less restrictive flow of air. These bikes (most Honda 4s) don't like pods and were designed for an airbox.
 
Thread starter
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
In 4 dyno numbers as well...

I too, thought I was easily at the 100WHP mark with Guhls/Exhaust/TSR air funnel, until I found out that PD(with cams) is barely breaking 100HP himself with his setup :huh:

TSR on the airbox? Or TSR velocity stacks on the TBs?

Depending on the answer- you are probably on either side of 95whp
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
E11even_Hunnit_imp said:
In 4 dyno numbers as well...

I too, thought I was easily at the 100WHP mark with Guhls/Exhaust/TSR air funnel, until I found out that PD(with cams) is barely breaking 100HP himself with his setup :huh:

TSR on the airbox? Or TSR velocity stacks on the TBs?

Depending on the answer- you are probably on either side of 95whp

TSR on the airbox? Or TSR velocity stacks on the TBs?

Depending on the answer- you are probably on either side of 95whp
Stock rear "snorkel" delete w/ TSR funnel inlet housing a HF k&n. I really wanted to believe I was at the 100HP mark but you burst that bubble with your well documented(& dyno'd) setup. And I respect that :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Do this to your stock stacks- and you will be very close to 100- Improved the velocity stacks

Or wait until I test these new ones I am doing here- and you might get even better results- with plug and play- no grinding needed.

I'm hoping (and expecting) a pretty decent gain over where I already am just by bolting these in...as in -wow, no brainer! gain...
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Do this to your stock stacks- and you will be very close to 100- Improved the velocity stacks

Or wait until I test these new ones I am doing here- and you might get even better results- with plug and play- no grinding needed.

I'm hoping (and expecting) a pretty decent gain over where I already am just by bolting these in...as in -wow, no brainer! gain...
Yeah, I'm in no hurry to make more power atm. I will happily wait to see your results and root from the sidelines :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
788316e5e1b0da53f05acd6e1ee049f1.jpg




b8d2bb1ead4f9d1ec951702ad743e22a.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am very excited for these.

They will derestrict our TB from the 26mm they are choked at- to allow the full 32mm - and then the new double stack improves airflow beyond the factory single design.

Even on Honda bikes that use the same 32mm TB as our bike- with 32mm stacks from the factory. :)

The CBR 650 uses the same 32mm TB as our bike- with full 32mm stacks from the factory- on an engine almost half the size.

Going to a double stack design on a stock CBR 650, just swapped in without touching fueling- gained 3whp and no losses.

I’m thinking we may approach closer to 110whp once I get these in.

8197b7b891f5426f64277e91063fa05c.jpg

33980a8e0d925f7d7a53dc8598dff46b.jpg

eba19d3a16f65bfbb925318322abcce9.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
788316e5e1b0da53f05acd6e1ee049f1.jpg




b8d2bb1ead4f9d1ec951702ad743e22a.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am very excited for these.

They will derestrict our TB from the 26mm they are choked at- to allow the full 32mm - and then the new double stack improves airflow beyond the factory single design.

Even on Honda bikes that use the same 32mm TB as our bike- with 32mm stacks from the factory. :)

The CBR 650 uses the same 32mm TB as our bike- with full 32mm stacks from the factory- on an engine almost half the size.

Going to a double stack design on a stock CBR 650, just swapped in without touching fueling- gained 3whp and no losses.

I’m thinking we may approach closer to 110whp once I get these in.

8197b7b891f5426f64277e91063fa05c.jpg

33980a8e0d925f7d7a53dc8598dff46b.jpg

eba19d3a16f65bfbb925318322abcce9.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's done? Put it on a Dyno and stick a price tag sir

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Back
Top