Don't Smoke This Jacket

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
So, in my heroic days of weight loss, around 2011, I was gleefully buying new motorcycle gear for my slim shape. One of them was a Joe Rocket Hemp jacket in Medium. It had been made just for a year or so, and apparently wasn't too popular, as I had no problem getting one on a deep clearance discount back then.

These days, I'm more of a size large, and that's where my happy spot seems to be. The hemp jacket still fits, due to Joe Rocket's generously American vanity sizing, and it's still my favorite comfy jacket, but I figured that if I could ever find one in large, I'd grab it. I've seen a few here and there, but never in large.

Well, one finally came up, and local to me as well! I got it for next to nothing, too. Perhaps that's because it has plenty of what looks like either red bug juice or taco sauce stains, and what's left of the ancient armor is crumbled and floating around inside of the lining. But, hopefully Mrs. Gone, aka "The Stain Queen" can get it cleaned up for me, and I can transfer the newer armor over from my smaller one.

I just can't smoke it!
 
I have one of those in olive drab green...very nice jacket that has served me well for 7 years...and very cheap as well--it was free with purchase of my mc helmet. The hemp material is decent enough, but it does wear through after several years of use. It's my slight warm to slight cool weather jacket; I also have a mesh for hot weather and and a heavier one for winter and rain.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, I prefer the green, that's what color my medium is and wish this one was green. But, couldn't pass up the deal on this one.
 
Thread starter
No sir, my smoking jacket is in burgundy velvet with gold trim.
 
Thread starter
Yes! We used to have a store downtown called Sir Wicket’s, that sold very stylish smoking jackets and other gentlemanly items. I think it’s a Starbucks now.

And darned if I know where my smoking jacket is. I bought it years ago for a Hugh Hefner costume.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Yes! We used to have a store downtown called Sir Wicket’s, that sold very stylish smoking jackets and other gentlemanly items. I think it’s a Starbucks now.

And darned if I know where my smoking jacket is. I bought it years ago for a Hugh Hefner costume.
:rofl:


:beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
If you can't smoke it, you may be able to make tea from it. Just a thot.
Nah... Stopped drinking tea after Covid. It just tastes like used hot dog water to me now. And, strangely enough coffee tastes like bacon.

I drink me a lot of coffee!

After Mrs. Gone got the jacket all nice and spiffy, it hung to dry while I was away at a trade show. I got back early Friday afternoon, and took it out for a test ride after putting the armor back in, also to give a test of my new LED spotlights on the 300. Felt nice and comfy.

Unfortunately it's rain for the first half of this week, and with the time change likely to make commuters very edgy in the dark for the first few days, I kept it on the hangar and the bike in the garage today.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
If you can't smoke it, you may be able to make tea from it. Just a thot.
Nah... Stopped drinking tea after Covid. It just tastes like used hot dog water to me now. And, strangely enough coffee tastes like bacon.

I drink me a lot of coffee!

After Mrs. Gone got the jacket all nice and spiffy, it hung to dry while I was away at a trade show. I got back early Friday afternoon, and took it out for a test ride after putting the armor back in, also to give a test of my new LED spotlights on the 300. Felt nice and comfy.

Unfortunately it's rain for the first half of this week, and with the time change likely to make commuters very edgy in the dark for the first few days, I kept it on the hangar and the bike in the garage today.
:rofl:

That's what I've been saying all my life! :-/
 
I haven’t either, Nachodaddy. And, after considerable reflection, I’m not going to take one for team and try it. I’ll have a cup of tea instead.
 
Thread starter
Perhaps I should have stated that now, tea tastes like used hot dog water smells.

I am not in the habit of drinking used hot dog water myself.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I haven’t either, Nachodaddy. And, after considerable reflection, I’m not going to take one for team and try it. I’ll have a cup of tea instead.
If you boil hot dog wieners, then you have had Gone's hot dog water. Maybe it should be called, "broth".
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Perhaps I should have stated that now, tea tastes like used hot dog water smells.

I am not in the habit of drinking used hot dog water myself.
Thank you for that important clarification, Gone. I'm relieved you're not the sort of chap to wash down dinner with a glass of '83 Eau de Hot-Dog.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Perhaps I should have stated that now, tea tastes like used hot dog water smells.

I am not in the habit of drinking used hot dog water myself.
Thank you for that important clarification, Gone. I'm relieved you're not the sort of chap to wash down dinner with a glass of '83 Eau de Hot-Dog.
Thank you for that important clarification, Gone. I'm relieved you're not the sort of chap to wash down dinner with a glass of '83 Eau de Hot-Dog.
Didn't anyone's mommy pack a hot thermos of boiled hot dogs wieners into your school lunch? Thankfully mine did not (came home for lunch).

How many drank the remaining hot dog broth?
 
Back
Top