Done with Revzilla!

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
My ongoing saga with Revzilla hit a crescendo yesterday. In late May, I ordered new handlebars for one of my bikes, along with some trim bits. The parts were carelessly tossed in a box, causing everything to bang into each other, scratching up all of the parts, with the handlebars sticking out of one side of the box.

After multiple calls to get it resolved and a promised credit for my troubles that didn't appear, the replacement parts for the damaged ones arrived yesterday. I was promised that they would do a better packaging job so that nothing would get damaged.

Here's what showed up. The box is shorter than the handlebars, so they were sticking out of both sides of the box this time, not just one.

I fired off what Mrs. Gone would call a "strongly worded email". Don't really care if they respond or make any promises this time. It's clear that they have slid too far downhill to get further business from me.
 
That’s very poor service, Gone.
 
Thread starter
Just a word of caution to anyone thinking of ordering something that needs to arrive in one piece.
 
Thread starter
I'm at work when the packages arrive, so I've been coming home to them.

In this case, the ends of the handlebars were banged up, but just the portions that the grips cover. On the last one, the whole bar was nicked up from banging into the other parts I had ordered. I'm using it, and don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get a third replacement.
 
Wow, that is really bad. It is like they are trying to lose business. I would add these photos to a review on their website. Just the pictures say it all.
 
Thread starter
I started my "strongly worded email" with: "Did I do something to offend you?"
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I started my "strongly worded email" with: "Did I do something to offend you?"
Sometimes is not the the shipper/Rz but a shipping co or handlers, easy :)
 
That's pathetic! You'd think they'd wrap the bars, not just toss them in a box. It's just another symptom of the lethargy of workers anymore. I had a quesadilla for lunch today from a local convenience chain. There were three distinct sections. The chicken, salsa and jalapeno sections. As if they just took a scoop of each and threw it in there. Do they think it mixes and mingles while cooking?

My point is it's everywhere. Companies can't even get someone to show up for work much less actually be competent.
 
Thread starter
Thank you. It wouldn't be so sad if this package wasn't a replacement for the first one, which also arrived broken open and damaged!
 
Seems like the give a sh@r factor for labor has gone out the window , it’s nation wide (U S) . Doesn’t matter what occupation , carpenters plumbers , etc. If a company is just mediocre that’s about as good as it gets. Now get off my lawn.
 
Thread starter
It's also clear that they are skimping on materials. The quality and durability of the boxes they ship in these days is very poor and thin. Very easy to rip and with very little crush resistance. It was clear that they *tried* to offer more protection by absolutely stuffing the box with air pillows, which probably contributed to it splitting open like a hot dog.

Maybe part of my criticism is the fact that a major part of my job is to ship delicate objects long distances. Glass and crystal trophies, automotive electronics, and if anything shoes up damaged on the other end, I'm screwed.
 
Just got a package from Revzilla yesterday (dropped shipped of course from someone else) and it came in in perfect order. As did my order with them before that and every order before that for the last several years.

The issue you have likely wasn't Revzilla, it was the company they probably drop shipped though, but I guess ultimately the buck stops with the company that took the order, which was Revzilla, so in this case, they get the black eye so to speak.
 
Thread starter
Now that they are part of the COMOTO, which is probably an investment group, certain items that they don't have in immediate stock (like OEM stuff that ships from the manufacturer) are probably being sent by a distribution warehouse that handles several brands. I had an order from them show up last week that wasn't damaged, but it was a few screws and clips. Not too hard to ship those without damage. Something that ships from an off-site warehouse might not leave Revzilla's hands, but their name is on the box and I paid them for the product.

The other irksome thing was the three phone calls and emailed photos that it took to get them to issue a replacement order for the originally damaged parts, as well as the promise to put a ten dollar credit on my account for the hassle. The credit was not issued, and I had to basically beg for it ("The last guy said I would get a ten dollar credit on my next order!") when I ordered the miscellaneous screws and clips.
 
Thread starter
Ok, I have resolution.

The package showed up on Wednesday, and I had fired off my "strongly worded email". Last night, I received an email with "We have received your comments, due to high volumes... get back with you soon."

I received an email from a customer service manager earlier this afternoon, requesting pictures of the order. I sent the pictures I posted here. I'm a "you get more flies with honey" person, so I was nice, but listed that:
-It took multiple calls and emails to get someone to get replacements ordered for the original damaged parts
-I was promised an account credit for the hassle which wasn't given
-I was assured that the replacement parts would be carefully packed
-The replacement parts arrived with worse packaging than the original order

The response was 'would you like a refund or another replacement?' I said that I didn't want to wait any longer to get my bike back on the road, I'll use the parts even if they're not perfect, I didn't need a refund, I just hoped that my experience could help them give better service to customers in the future. I understand that they're probably understaffed and overworked, but a promise to a customer should be kept, and they really need to do a better job of packaging parts.

Their response was to fully refund the original order that I placed back in May with an email saying that they take their customers' input seriously. Very generous on their part. In total retail dollars, that means that they ate the price of the original order and the replacement order, which totals around $200. Their cost is obviously whatever dealer is for OEM Honda. I'm sure it's a proverbial drop in the bucket for a large corporation.

Will I continue to use them? Definitely not for anything that is a motorcycle appearance item or something that could easily be damaged due to improper packaging. But, for simple, straight-forward items or gear, sure, if they have the right price. A jacket that's packaged in a plastic bag can survive a ripped box better than a painted metal part.
 
I guess it’s good that someone was listening. I still wouldn’t send them a Christmas card.
 
Thread starter
Well, I'll go check out their soon-to-open Revzilla showroom and store near my office.
I just won't be carrying a picket sign now.
 
Back
Top