Done buying for the year..

HikerToo_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Comet fairing and red side plates installed yesterday.
Oil and filter( 10/30 Full Syn of course)
Optimat3 charger
I'm even done with my riding outfit.
Now I need to hope my wife does not go snooping around our online banking accounts !
c0ffc7373592bad1b570f0352eb2c522.JPG
 
Everything looks great Hiker! Really like the red side covers!
 
HikerToo_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Everything looks great Hiker! Really like the red side covers!
Thanks.
I would have liked the stripe on the fairing but was too cheap.

Get outta here, too cheap!

Ya got head to toe to fingertips dainese leathers on, a Shoei full face helmet, side covers and fairing all the way from Japan, and you wouldn't spring for 2 decals????

That's too funny.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
Comet fairing and red side plates installed yesterday.
Oil and filter( 10/30 Full Syn of course)
Optimat3 charger
I'm even done with my riding outfit.
Now I need to hope my wife does not go snooping around our online banking accounts !
c0ffc7373592bad1b570f0352eb2c522.JPG

What website did you order the fairing from? How does it help with the wind?
 
HikerToo_imp said:
$200 for stripes!! Everyone has their limits :-)


Yiiiiii... I really like it without the stripes anyway. Matches the new side covers.

That's nuts for a couple of stripes lol
 
Thread starter
gogoAZ_imp said:
HikerToo_imp said:
Comet fairing and red side plates installed yesterday.
Oil and filter( 10/30 Full Syn of course)
Optimat3 charger
I'm even done with my riding outfit.
Now I need to hope my wife does not go snooping around our online banking accounts !
c0ffc7373592bad1b570f0352eb2c522.JPG

What website did you order the fairing from? How does it help with the wind?
gogoAZ, I ordered from samurider.com, there are quite afew posts here about this exact fairing, I'm just copying them.
http://www.samurider.com/?p=6690/#itemImage
I just put in on yesterday, replacing a Nation Cycle Deflector, which was a few inches higher, but seemed to put my head right in the turbulent noisy area. This one is lower, only protects to mid chest, but at least leave my helmet in clean air.
 
Hiker do me a favor and measure from ignition switch to top of shield. Eyeball it if you have to ..from top of shield straight across to directly above ign switch
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Hiker do me a favor and measure from ignition switch to top of shield. Eyeball it if you have to ..from top of shield straight across to directly above ign switch
straight up from key hole is 9.25", I'm thinking the NC Deflector was 2 or 3" taller..
 
That again seems to confirm the sweet spot of the top windshields for no helmet buffeting is between 8 1/2 and 10 inches above the ignition switch
 
Back
Top