Pterodactyl_imp
Road warrior
^^^^^^. Have to agree with that.
Cheers
Cheers
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
+1. Very well said.The ferret_imp said:Racing motorcycles also don't have mirrors, horns, headlights, tail lights, turn signals or brake lights all of which undoubtedly make us safer. They are ridden by very experienced, often professional riders in a very controlled environment, complete with corner marshalls with flags to let them know if there is an unforseen obstacle or spill around the next turn. There are no intersections, traffic lights, hidden driveways, or people turning left in front of them. They don't share the road with texters, people putting on make up, sleep deprived drivers or drunks. As such racing motorcycles is much safer than riding a street motorcycle.
ABS is not voodoo, and for the average rider ABS will be a benefit. There is a reason it is quickly becoming mandatory for motorcycles all over the world. In the not too distant future you will not even be able to buy a motorcycle without it.
I absolutely recommend people learn how to use their brakes properly. If you do, you may never activate the abs on an ABS equipped motorcycle. My CB1100 has ABS and although braking very hard on several occasions during the last two years and 20,000 miles I've never activated the abs on it, because I do know how to use the brakes on my motorcycle. I've also never locked up the wheels on my non ABS ST1300 in 8 years and 70,000 miles. Because I know how to properly use the brakes. However, there may be an unforseen circumstance some day where I am braking and the ABS for some reason does kick in, and in that instance I know I am better off with ABS than without, because like a I said above, a skidding motorcycle is an out of control motorcycle.
Hurray, we're back on the tracks!Tim_in_AZ_imp said:If you are really looking for a 2013 ABS there's one in the classifieds in Phoenix.
Here's the link :Tim_in_AZ_imp said:If you are really looking for a 2013 ABS there's one in the classifieds in Phoenix.
Right, the ABS model, I was referring to the standard model. Standard model has two four-piston calipers up front. I thought you were saying it has twin-piston calipers.Ulvetanna_imp said:Right, the ABS model, I was referring to the standard model. Standard model has two four-piston calipers up front. I thought you were saying it has twin-piston calipers.Lord Popgun_imp said:The '13 ABS front brakes are 3 pot calipers. Check the service manual and part fiche and that can be seen.
Sorry!EmptySea_imp said:Hurray, we're back on the tracks!Tim_in_AZ_imp said:If you are really looking for a 2013 ABS there's one in the classifieds in Phoenix.
Sorry!LongRanger_imp said:Sorry!EmptySea_imp said:Hurray, we're back on the tracks!Tim_in_AZ_imp said:If you are really looking for a 2013 ABS there's one in the classifieds in Phoenix.
Changing back to the original topic served to keep me from making my own redundant and probably less eloquent comment on the ridiculousness of contending that non-ABS braking systems are inherently better than their ABS counterparts. -- Or it did for a minute or two, anyway. LOL