Does anyone remember the HONDA HOOT?

regularworkingdad_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I was talking about the Honda Hoot events that Honda used to put on for its owners in the early 2000's, on my CB page on FB earlier. I attended in 03 and 04 on my 1100 Shadow Sabre that I had then. It was held in Knoxville TN those years. It really was a nice weekend event. Lots of vendors, Demo rides, organized rides, even a ride to dinner destination at a nearby colonial settlement type place. It was close to the Dragon (deals gap) so there was lots to do and see. I was just curious if anyone on here attended that as well? It would be nice if Honda would do something similar in the future, Those kind of things go along building brand loyalty, etc
This was a pic taken at Deals Gap during the Honda Hoot.
 
regularworkingdad_imp said:
I was talking about the Honda Hoot events that Honda used to put on for its owners in the early 2000's, on my CB page on FB earlier. I attended in 03 and 04 on my 1100 Shadow Sabre that I had then. It was held in Knoxville TN those years. It really was a nice weekend event. Lots of vendors, Demo rides, organized rides, even a ride to dinner destination at a nearby colonial settlement type place. It was close to the Dragon (deals gap) so there was lots to do and see. I was just curious if anyone on here attended that as well? It would be nice if Honda would do something similar in the future, Those kind of things go along building brand loyalty, etc
This was a pic taken at Deals Gap during the Honda Hoot.
No it isn't! :D
 
Oh man I loved those events so much. Flew down with my brother and then demoed bikes and soaked up the honda love to our heart's content. Was a great time in our lives. Way more free time and freedom . . .
 
I used to plan a gap trip for the week, that ended at the same time as the hoot.. As lots of folk would go to it, the weekend before was clear, as well as the road around it.. Cherohala, Lower 28, Richard Russell. So by the end of the week, when the tires were worn, and we were tired it was great to hang and watch folks.. Not to mention, the years we rode down, the roads heading north (away) were clear and the cops were watching closer to there...

good time
 
Thread starter
Seems like when I bought my 2000 Shadow Sabre, Either Honda or HRCA used to send out a magazine every month, similar to the HOG magazine that Harley sends out. That, and events like the Honda Hoot used to really help build and maintain brand loyalty. Not saying I need a magazine to be proud of my Honda motorcycle, but it was a nice perk. Heck, you can not even find a decent Honda t shirt. Say what you want about Harley Davidson, but they have that stuff down. Even Victory, and Indian have realized it.
 
Back
Top