DLX from NY to CA - Landed!

BayAreaRick_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX #0221

Made the trip east-to-west and 'All is Good!' Did the initial inspection - so far so good (will do more tomorrow), had to take it out (once I verified all fluids, tire pressure, etc.).
Initial impressions:
- She's a tad smaller than my 2002 CB750 Nighthawk
- She's a tad heavier than my 2002 CB750 Nighthawk
- She's a lot prettier than my 2002 CB750 Nighthawk (sparkles everywhere)
- Yeah! No more CV-Carbs and petcocks to deal with
- Dang, the brakes are more than twice as effective
- Very tractable power curve
- I can't stop looking at her

BUT -- PM me if anyone has and wants to sell a 'spare' METALMAVEN License Plate Mount (with screws/fittings), soon - please.
 
It's a BEAUT alright! Congrats! Now, we locals in the SF Bay Area finally have a DLX in our midst. I think BayAreaRick's may be the first! I look forward to seeing it in person very soon.
 
Yeah, I wish I had the silver (or bare aluminum) metal engine like that one. I didn't notice any difference in the ergos or size between it and the Nighthawk -- guess I'm not that discerning. When I went to put it on the center-stand, I definitely noticed the weight difference.

What tire pressure are you going to run?
 
Nice...... you sure will enjoy it
 
Very, very nice and congrats. Ride safe.
 
:thumbsup: BA Rick!! :clap:
 
Thread starter
Thanks All!

In terms of size difference v. the Nighthawk - could be the Corbin seat that was on the CB750, but for me, I'm a small-ish 5'7" and it could be the triangle or??? Just feels a bit smaller (not a bad thing).

On the Tire Pressure, I'm starting with the 'recommended' Front-36, Rear-42, and tweak from there. What are you-guys' settled at (for a DLX, since it is heavier).
 
Good on you, Rick. Congratulations. :thumbsup:
 
Well-done, BAR. I look forward to spotting you in the wild. I have made only 1 sighting of a CB1100, a black standard with nice red-striped tires in the Cal Expo motorcycle parking area. We are the few.
 
You could make your own license plate bracket with a simple hacksaw and a drill. Then spray it flat black so it isn't noticeable. However, I did stumble on another option while relocating my turn signals. Let me see if I can find it again.
Here is the DIY version.

Getting rid of the ugly license plate bracket.
Here is the aftermarket plate with turn signal relocation. You would need to drill 2 holes to mount it on the rear fender. You could use the existing bracket as a template for drilling the holes as well.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/3908/license-plate-turn-signal-amp-marker-light-mounts
 
Thread starter
Thanks Kenny, I can do that! Thinking though, I should really hold-off until I figure out whether I will/will-not have to relocate my turn signals (but I really don't want to) to accommodate side-bags.
 
Back
Top