DLX for sale in PA?

Roper_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Is this a mistake from someone here? It's in Bethlehem, PA. I saw it on Oodle (linked from American Listed.) You can find it if you google "Oodle CB1100." Price is listed as $4400. It looks like it includes custom fenders and a road rocket fairing.

"2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe. The deluxe version included Candy Red paint, ABS Brakes, 4 into 2 Exhaust, deluxe seat and a .5 gallon larger gas tank then the standard CB1100. Never down. Clear title. Store in climate controlled garage with a battery tender and cover. 148 Miles!!!"

If it's legit, it's a heck of deal for someone with cash and initiative.
 
Blimey! It's a seriously awful website. I notice it had RLETs, a café seat, fork brace and red mud guard (fender). RLET's always make me wonder whether a forum member is involved.
 
That's in our registry: owned by Redbird in Colorado. He's been on the forum recently, but I don't recall his saying anything about selling his bike.

Your link says the bike's in California, Randy.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
That's in our registry: owned by Redbird in Colorado. He's been on the forum recently, but I don't recall his saying anything about selling his bike.

Your link says the bike's in California, Randy.
That's interesting. The bike definitely has a CA plate on it in the pictures.

115cf980cdc66fca41a6f5708078c4fe.JPG
 
If it is Redbird's bike, he's done a bit of work on it since January—

f8cff1eeb48025f1c047e6cf2161919e.jpg


Makes me wonder whether one of the reported VINs is wrong.

Edit: Actually, the reported VIN of JH2SC6567EK000257 is both curious and wrong. If it were a 2014 US DLX it would be JH2SC6587EK000257. Either the advertiser has made a typo in the VIN or, if that's what's really on the bike, it's a fake. The VIN JH2SC6567EK000257 is not valid.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Blimey! It's a seriously awful website. I notice it had RLETs, a café seat, fork brace and red mud guard (fender). RLET's always make me wonder whether a forum member is involved.
It would be spooky to think that someone 'outside' of this forum would have the mindset to add rlets...
 
Ride4now, you would think so, but have you noticed the number of 'guests' that have been on the forum lately? A lot of people have been reading the threads that are not members. Not that thats bad or anything.
 
Well, I guarantee that it is NOT my bike! BEWARE!!

I just looked at the pics on the site that RandyB posted. These pics could well be the ones that were on the listing of the bike (Ebay listing). So...I'm darn near certain that the pics are of the bike I bought, and I did buy it from a California owner. DOUBLE BEWARE!!:exclamation:
 
I looked at my copy of the Ebay listing, and the serial number there was listed with a 6 when in fact it is an 8. Also the miles showed as 148 in the listing. THIS IS MOST CERTAINLY A SCAM!!
 
If I went to see this bike I would carry my Colt .45! Why the .45? Because Colt does not make a .46. All kidding aside, this sounds like a scam and could be a dangerous encounter.

I had a strange experience riding my BMW yesterday. I went to get the annual safety inspection and after over 2:30 to get that accomplished I decided to go on a ride since it was not raining in Texas, I was suited up and it was a nice day in Texas (not too hot for June). I ride the CB1100 in summer as the BMW is a toaster in the summer.

Anyway two young lads on on bikes come roaring up behind me (I was doing the speed limit, so they came up fast) both pulled in front and both jammed on the brakes one in front and one on my left side. They tried to force me off the road for no doubt foul play. A little weave and boob and I left them behind. I was not particularly worried as I have my CCW and usually carry. The BMW has a higher top end than the CB as no limiter, it is smoother, but not nearly the power or brakes.

New experience, and rather strange, but strange things are known to happen in this part of the world. This was not in an isolated area, lots of traffic.
 
Elipten_imp said:
If I went to see this bike I would carry my Colt .45! Why the .45? Because Colt does not make a .46. All kidding aside, this sounds like a scam and could be a dangerous encounter.

I had a strange experience riding my BMW yesterday. I went to get the annual safety inspection and after over 2:30 to get that accomplished I decided to go on a ride since it was not raining in Texas, I was suited up and it was a nice day in Texas (not too hot for June). I ride the CB1100 in summer as the BMW is a toaster in the summer.

Anyway two young lads on on bikes come roaring up behind me (I was doing the speed limit, so they came up fast) both pulled in front and both jammed on the brakes one in front and one on my left side. They tried to force me off the road for no doubt foul play. A little weave and boob and I left them behind. I was not particularly worried as I have my CCW and usually carry. The BMW has a higher top end than the CB as no limiter, it is smoother, but not nearly the power or brakes.

New experience, and rather strange, but strange things are known to happen in this part of the world. This was not in an isolated area, lots of traffic.
That deserves a WTF??
Get a riding camera people. It can protect you from a lot of things, and possibly in a case like this, help protect other people.
 
Yep I bought a GoPro but have not gotten around to mounting it and then learning how to use it. But they don't last for multi hour rides?

I can't figure out what they would want. Wallet? Who steals a 26 year old BMW? But that assumes they can recognize the bike as it is probably older than they were or only a few years younger




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Redbird_imp said:
I looked at my copy of the Ebay listing, and the serial number there was listed with a 6 when in fact it is an 8. Also the miles showed as 148 in the listing. THIS IS MOST CERTAINLY A SCAM!!
I'm glad you haven't sold, Redbird. I thought you may have ridden a few more miles than that. As I said earlier, the VIN is either a mistake or a fake. No US DLX would have a '6' at position 8 in the VIN. As you've still got your bike, I guess it's safe to assume it's fake.

I suspect the photos may be of a bike belonging to a forum member.

Elipten, I'm pleased you slipped by the youth bent on no good.
 
Elipten_imp said:
Yep I bought a GoPro but have not gotten around to mounting it and then learning how to use it. But they don't last for multi hour rides?

I can't figure out what they would want. Wallet? Who steals a 26 year old BMW? But that assumes they can recognize the bike as it is probably older than they were or only a few years younger




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you link the GoPro to a USB charger then the camera will record as long as you want. Also a "looping" mode is available whereby the last 30mins is continuously recorded.

By the way I have a .47 ACP for sale. Cash only and come alone. :).

Cheers
 
Guys, calm down. It's common scam to post pictures from an old listing with a vague description and wait for suckers to PayPal them a "deposit" or something. Or you'll get a story about owner being deployed overseas. Either way, the scammer is somewhere in eastern europe. Just report and move on.
 
Back
Top