Django's CBF1000FA

Django

Road warrior
Thread starter
This is my first photo of my new CBF1000FA. It was token as it arrived at the dealership.

300eaf2e2f3fea4139c904e9fa555595.jpg


Now the dealership will add OEM paniers and heated grips and we are still waiting for the paperwork. If everything is fine, we'll get it street legal this week.

Sorry for the low quality of the photo. It was token by my cell phone.

If you don't mind, I'd made this thread to a kind of my CBF1000FA blog.

Some info about the CBF1000FA and its predecessor CBF1000:
Honda CBF1000 - Wikipedia
 
jrns_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
Good choice Django. Honda should bring that bike to the US.
agree...and add Canada to the list please ;)
agree...and add Canada to the list please ;)
You missed your chance! They WERE available in Canada and some dealers still had NOS up until about a year ago. I had a 2009 MK1 version and Django has the latest MK2, but I'm sure that his is NOS.

Sadly, I'm pretty sure that they have been out of production for several years.
 
Cant wait to see it all dressed up with panniers
 
How long before he trades it for a CB1100? :P

PS. Looks great, Django. Looking forward to hearing how you find it.
 
Thread starter
Got it otd today and put the first 100 km on it. Well, it was around freezing point and the heated grips were very welcome.

48094fa2b932a812b2d756cef7854f48.jpg


b4c83acee98e4c88392b59e2ba395e52.jpg


1e411d979324a556c98ba0037a0aee4b.jpg


b13c3810fe362925343615f82de6186d.jpg


I like it! :excited:
 
Very nice. Congrats again Django. Bags remind me a bit of a cross between Givi bags and the Deauville bags.
 
I see a glad Django and this is what matters.
All other thoughts are...., well but I have some.

The bike on the left side in the background of the third image seems to be the
right one and reminds me on somewhat, wait a minute I'm still searching for it.

You're still over it, I know.
And hopefully your dreams have come true to own a bike that's optical
more resistant than the good old black bike in the distance.
The price is, that it it looks so darn practical and functional without any
kind of soul. But what does soul means? The interpretation may vary
heavily.

Wisedrum
 
I like it too! You look great on that bike. I hope you enjoy it.

What does the word (I can't quite make it out) under the Honda decal mean?
 
Thread starter
@popgun: `Limbächer' - the name of the dealership. I overlooked it this morning. I don't like it and will get them to remove it, when I roll in for the 1,000 km service.

@wisedrum: She talks to me while riding. So I guess she has a soul, although it may not be visible to outsiders. :beerchug:
 
Congrats Django! Looks like you've set yourself up with a great sport tourer. Enjoy it and check in with us on how it goes.
 
Needs some of those lexan handguards. tHen those heated grips would be really effective.
 
Django_imp said:
@popgun: `Limbächer' - the name of the dealership. I overlooked it this morning. I don't like it and will get them to remove it, when I roll in for the 1,000 km service.

@wisedrum: She talks to me while riding. So I guess she has a soul, although it may not be visible to outsiders. :beerchug:
I see, it is more in the inside.
The CBF does not carry its soul apparently on its hands, so to say,
as the CB does in addition to the inside.

Wish you always a soulful ride.

Wisedrum
 
Back
Top