Distracted by a GSX-R

Macduff_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I’ve been slightly distracted by another of my youth era bikes. A mid eighties GSX-R750 Suzuki. This one was a near miss from my early m’bike riding history as they had stopped selling (new) the year before I bought my 1st new big bike. I’m not sure if its the rose tinted specs effect but it’s been brill and it copes with our crap roads in a manner that is surprising given it’s age. It’s not wearing it’s factory colours but the paint is in good order and not to shocking a design to make me want to change it for the immediate future.
 
You looking to buy it Macduff, or is it already in the stable?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
You looking to buy it Macduff, or is it already in the stable?
I’ve owned it for a while it just took me some time to debug all the previous owner(s) bodges as it was bought as ”complete” but non-runner. It’s mostly been getting the carbs working and finding all the loose bolts and fixing obtaining suitable fairing mounting hardware. I also swapped the as purchased exhaust (80’s period mild steel aftermarket ) with a stainless steel Yoshi.
 
I had an acquaintance in the Army that had one of those he used exclusively as a drag bike at the strip every weekend he could. Trailered it out, race slick and all. I used to go watch. Brings back memories- haven't seen one in decades.
 
Back
Top