Dinner with Motogeezer

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Sparky and I had the pleasure of meeting up with Motogeezer, his son and other cheerful traveling companions in McRae, GA. They're on their way to North Carolina for some fun in the mountains.

After some introductions at their hotel we dined at a local Mexican restaurant, El Patron. The food, service and adult beverages were fine and the splendid company of fellow riders could not have been better. Made us wish that we were traveling with them.

No CB1100's were to be seen as Motogeezer had decided to take his Yamaha and Sparky and I had arrived via cage, not wanting to face the long ride home on dark roads while watching for deer.

7c12b1d18f7b635e9a11212a566a7b63.jpg


ecbf7520d1231c053c24c21625ab5ba3.jpg


67dfc6181bae93dd4d38b72c43bb58fa.jpg


8e23fabdaa15150cbb206579b0359367.jpg


672372939f1d46a6d5496225d3d112bd.jpg


Margaritas were of an ample size for thirsty riders

aa12d4646e510d5c60d15c30207adcd0.jpg


ec2a3d6a799fedf3a6905fc7c3376bc7.jpg


26ca1e2e1c24251109495db501e0d35b.jpg


26c41a54cb705c2ee04296592a6d2dcc.jpg


dee2661ed7840222210d716921e7599b.jpg


It was a fine evening. Have a good trip.
 
Looks like a fun time. I care neither for Mexican food or liquor but would have enjoyed the company I'm sure.

Heck of a windshield on that FZ lol

Ride safe Geezer.
 
Good to see you again, Geezer. You, too, Sparky.

Gotta love a man who wears a Honda T-shirt while riding a Yamaha.
 
Looks like a great lunch and as Cormanus says, good to see you again. Thanks for the photos. I do have a fondness for both Mexican food and liquor so after lunch a good siesta would have been the end of my day's journey. Hope the lads enjoy the ride.

Cheers
 
Thanks guys, it was great to meet up with Steve and his lady Sparky :) Dinner was excellent, and after having a taste of one of those margaritas I had to have one of my own!
As noted, I rode my FZ1, it's an '01 that I just turned 72,750k on today :)
Son Scott is on an '04 DR650 that he's made into an adventure style bike.
Lee is on his RC51.
Bud is on his RC51.
Keith is on his R1.
John is on his Gen. 2 FZ1.
Pat and Lois are on their Goldwing.
Chris (not pictured) caught up with us at our hotel in Franklin NC last night on his Aprilia Tuono.
We're going to Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camp in Cruso NC tomorrow depending on the weather.
After that probably Two Wheels only, then probably stay a day or two in Telico Plains TN. before heading back home to FL.
Ride safely!
 
Eclectic group of bikes.

I've had 2 Gen 1 FZ's. A blue 04 I bought new and sold to my son which now has 40,000 trouble free miles on it. And an 01 just like yours I bought used and sold to my brother which also has 40,000 trouble free miles on it. Great bikes except for the slightly notchy transmissions.

You guys be safe out there
 
Back
Top