Differences between countries

newhemi_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I've noticed on the American website that either CB model offered there does not come with radial tires and the Canadian website indicates it is standard equipment. Is this another one of the differences between both countries or is this a Typo? The Canadian model has ABS brakes standard as well as those radial tires, single 4 into 1 pipe, smaller gas tank.
 
They are radial tires. Not sure why it would be listed as not having them.
 
I think they just didn't specify radials on the U.S. site. All of the '13 models had either Dunlop or Bridgestone radials. Since the sizes remain the same, I think it's safe to assume they'll all be wearing radials in '14.

The Canadian model also has that beautiful blue tank with the dark gray side panels, as opposed to the blacked out U.S. standard. It's a nice combination, IMHO.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I think they just didn't specify radials on the U.S. site. All of the '13 models had either Dunlop or Bridgestone radials. Since the sizes remain the same, I think it's safe to assume they'll all be wearing radials in '14.

The Canadian model also has that beautiful blue tank with the dark gray side panels, as opposed to the blacked out U.S. standard. It's a nice combination, IMHO.
Amen, I like that blue standard with the dark gray side panels as well. I wonder if that's the same bike that was on the video someone posted last week. The one with the EX's, there was a blue standard with dark (I thought they were black) side panels. I was thinking that those dark side panels on a red '13 would be nice, same colors, or similar, as the red '79 CBX.
 
I never thought of that. Those side panels would look pretty cool on a red bike.

8a30a6cb0d59133cb70f3ffdd275b9bd.png
 
I am 110% totally pleased with my red 2013, but, had one of those blue standards been in the showroom next to my red one, .......I don't know, blue is my favorite color. :D
 
It's puzzling that the North American bikes aren't more similar. In Canada on the HondaPowersports they show the 2013 CB1100A available. This is the pearly white paint, 5 speed, with 4-1 exhausts and ABS brakes standard. They sold for C$ 13, 199 but are now reduced by a grand. The 2014 shown is the CB 1300A spencer blue, 6 speed, 4-1 exhausts, no ABS again listing at C $13,199. We don't seem to be getting the version with the larger tank, ribbed seat, 4-2 exhausts. There doesn't seem to be much promotion or push for the bike. Mine is still the only one i've seen up close and personal and there are no CB1100's in my local dealership. The japanese certainly have the selection. The new silver bike with the larger tank, matching side covers, ribbed seat, spoke wheels is super lustworthy. One of these days the weather here will get better and i can get my bike home and on the road. Til then there's the forum, youtube videos, and getting geared up.
 
Thread starter
One correction P-Man, the Canadian bike only comes with ABS as well as the other options you mentioned.
 
newhemi_imp said:
One correction P-Man, the Canadian bike only comes with ABS as well as the other options you mentioned.
Hi newhemi, I just checked the Honda Canada website again. I had assumed the 14 would come with abs standard. If you check the pictures of the 13 to 14 models you can clearly see no abs on the 14. Combined abs is not mentioned in the bike overview description or in the additional features section, which makes me conclude that for 2014 they get the 6th gear at the cost of the abs. Have you seen a 2014 on a showroom floor? Where abouts are you from?
 
Thread starter
p-man_imp said:
newhemi_imp said:
One correction P-Man, the Canadian bike only comes with ABS as well as the other options you mentioned.
Hi newhemi, I just checked the Honda Canada website again. I had assumed the 14 would come with abs standard. If you check the pictures of the 13 to 14 models you can clearly see no abs on the 14. Combined abs is not mentioned in the bike overview description or in the additional features section, which makes me conclude that for 2014 they get the 6th gear at the cost of the abs. Have you seen a 2014 on a showroom floor? Where abouts are you from?
Hi newhemi, I just checked the Honda Canada website again. I had assumed the 14 would come with abs standard. If you check the pictures of the 13 to 14 models you can clearly see no abs on the 14. Combined abs is not mentioned in the bike overview description or in the additional features section, which makes me conclude that for 2014 they get the 6th gear at the cost of the abs. Have you seen a 2014 on a showroom floor? Where abouts are you from? I'm from Sudbury ontario, just checked website again definitely says ABS, on Specs page.
 
Lol could Honda make it any more confusing?
 
Thread starter
Attempting to install photo in my post, if it works it is an actual Canadian CB photo, have not seen very many of these.
OK didn't work!
 
p-man_imp said:
newhemi_imp said:
One correction P-Man, the Canadian bike only comes with ABS as well as the other options you mentioned.
Hi newhemi, I just checked the Honda Canada website again. I had assumed the 14 would come with abs standard. If you check the pictures of the 13 to 14 models you can clearly see no abs on the 14. Combined abs is not mentioned in the bike overview description or in the additional features section, which makes me conclude that for 2014 they get the 6th gear at the cost of the abs. Have you seen a 2014 on a showroom floor? Where abouts are you from?
Hi newhemi, I just checked the Honda Canada website again. I had assumed the 14 would come with abs standard. If you check the pictures of the 13 to 14 models you can clearly see no abs on the 14. Combined abs is not mentioned in the bike overview description or in the additional features section, which makes me conclude that for 2014 they get the 6th gear at the cost of the abs. Have you seen a 2014 on a showroom floor? Where abouts are you from?
P-man,

I just bought a 2014 CB1100A (Canadian model). It definitely has ABS and the larger tank (the photo on Honda Canada's site is the Euro non-ABS model). In fact, I think that the A in the model number refers to ABS. It is my understanding that it has most of the goodies that the 2014 U.S. DLX has except for items such as the pleated seat and 4-into-2 exhaust. I much prefer the polished aluminum engine cases, valve covers and triple tree clamp along with the chromed shifter that my 2014 has...glad I waited, as I was considering a leftover 2013 (when they still had a few).
 
Do I need to send more instructions?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Do I need to send more instructions?
Think I need further instruction, got to copy paste part successfully, was trying to add an avatar as well as photos to my replies on forum. Am with a few other forums have never had this much difficulty with attachements. Whew!
 
Gumby, are you saying the Honda Canada specs are wrong? Because it says the tank is 14.6 litres which translates to 3.856 US Gallons. The US standard tank is 3.9 gallons and the deluxe has a 4.6 gallon capacity.

As an aside, if anybody knows where I can get blue dlx side covers...
 
Dale_imp said:
Gumby, are you saying the Honda Canada specs are wrong? Because it says the tank is 14.6 litres which translates to 3.856 US Gallons. The US standard tank is 3.9 gallons and the deluxe has a 4.6 gallon capacity.

As an aside, if anybody knows where I can get blue dlx side covers...
Since there aren't any blue DLX or EX models I think your only option would be to buy a set and have them painted.

You might check with Takashi to see if Force Design will be offering DLX/EX style covers. They make their own covers and paint them in Honda factory colors.
 
Dale_imp said:
Gumby, are you saying the Honda Canada specs are wrong? Because it says the tank is 14.6 litres which translates to 3.856 US Gallons. The US standard tank is 3.9 gallons and the deluxe has a 4.6 gallon capacity.

As an aside, if anybody knows where I can get blue dlx side covers...
With regard to tank size, I'm basing that on the sales manager's comments and he personally has had both a 2013 and 2014. The larger tank is the reason the 2013 rear carrier won't fit on the US DLX and apparently won't fit the 2014 Canadian version either. The larger tank required a new or re-positioned seat design and new grab rails with different rack mounting points.

Concerning Blue Side Covers: I believe that Samurider.com can provide side covers matched to any Honda colour.
 
Well that's a bit concerning if true about the Canadian tank size because I have a tiro seat from samurider waiting in Canada for me. I only asked Mr T if the seat would fit a 14 standard which he said it would. If the Canadian standard has the larger tank and different seat it won't fit.

OK I've compared two similar angles of the 14 DLX and the Canadian Standard and measured in photoshop and it looks to me that the Canadian (blue) tank is the smaller version. I got the images to be pretty close to the same size. Have a look

2be9c70518a2e4fbad9cd7b24cbf0008.png

fdd2245b1eb1cdde3791b591b705832d.jpg


I asked Mr. T about the blue dlx side covers. He's very good at
quickly responding to emails. Told me they could probably do it for 40 to 50,000 Yen. Think I'll try and get hold of some and have them painted.
 
Back
Top