DidI tell you how much i love chrome head pipes?

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Walked past the bike and noticed the rear rim had oem chain grease and brake dust all over it. Pop it on centerstand, sit on dolly behind it and 6 or 7 minutes with a shop towel and a can of WD 40 and it looks like new. Ok might as well slide around and do the front..its easier 4-5 mins tops. Oh look at the header pipes, they are splattered with road grime. 2 minutes with the rag and WD and they look like new.

Yep.... Love these chrome head pipes! :thumbsup:
 
Yeah, I noticed the chain grease down there two. About the time I was waxing the bike the second time.....
 
Many of us are waiting to see if your new 4-into-2 chrome-plated headers keep their original sheen, or discolor like our stainless steel headers.

Those 4-into-2 headers, and the required new center stand, are high on the farkle list for my 2013.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Walked past the bike and noticed the rear rim had oem chain grease and brake dust all over it. Pop it on centerstand, sit on dolly behind it and 6 or 7 minutes with a shop towel and a can of WD 40 and it looks like new. Ok might as well slide around and do the front..its easier 4-5 mins tops. Oh look at the header pipes, they are splattered with road grime. 2 minutes with the rag and WD and they look like new.

Yep.... Love these chrome head pipes! :thumbsup:
Lol, same here. The left one is my favorite...

c87a5a97578e6d3cd14f5e08a32c75d7.jpg

Goof off works very well on cold pipes. 1 minute job.
 
How could one NOT love these??? Kind of reminds me of a gorgeous, well endowed, woman... don't you think?

a6c4dda71ad0d3387c91e8134b4b0d07.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
ride4now_imp said:
How could one NOT love these??? Kind of reminds me of a gorgeous, well endowed, woman... don't you think?

a6c4dda71ad0d3387c91e8134b4b0d07.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saved that pic last time you posted it. just a great shot of the pipes. I've taken multiple pictures of those pipes, but your picture is the best!
 
OK, you guys are starting to piss me off. I admit it. I'm envious. I love my 2013, every time I ride it, every time I go into the garage, I'm getting used to the 'wart', the 'freckle' of the discolored head pipes, but crap I really wish I had chrome...

I'm done, rub it in, but you know what?, I think my first choice would be a 4-into-1 chrome. I like the symmetry of the 4-into-2, but I really like not having a pipe on the entry side of the bike.

There, I feel better. Man I love this forum.
 
Sorry...give us some time and it'll fade. We LOVE all of the CB's...but these are new and we just need to crow about it a bit so we can feel better about what we just spent. :biker:
 
howlindaug_imp said:
OK, you guys are starting to piss me off. I admit it. I'm envious. I love my 2013, every time I ride it, every time I go into the garage, I'm getting used to the 'wart', the 'freckle' of the discolored head pipes, but crap I really wish I had chrome...

I'm done, rub it in, but you know what?, I think my first choice would be a 4-into-1 chrome. I like the symmetry of the 4-into-2, but I really like not having a pipe on the entry side of the bike.

There, I feel better. Man I love this forum.
+1

And said better than I could:thumbsup:
 
ride4now_imp said:
Sorry...give us some time and it'll fade. We LOVE all of the CB's...but these are new and we just need to crow about it a bit so we can feel better about what we just spent. :biker:
Very well said,
 
howlindaug_imp said:
OK, you guys are starting to piss me off. I admit it. I'm envious. I love my 2013, every time I ride it, every time I go into the garage, I'm getting used to the 'wart', the 'freckle' of the discolored head pipes, but crap I really wish I had chrome...

I'm done, rub it in, but you know what?, I think my first choice would be a 4-into-1 chrome. I like the symmetry of the 4-into-2, but I really like not having a pipe on the entry side of the bike.

There, I feel better. Man I love this forum.
+1
My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:
 
ride4now_imp said:
How could one NOT love these??? Kind of reminds me of a gorgeous, well endowed, woman... don't you think?

a6c4dda71ad0d3387c91e8134b4b0d07.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Okay, very slowly...please back away from the headers, and go take a cold shower!

:rofl:
 
thumper_imp said:
ride4now_imp said:
How could one NOT love these??? Kind of reminds me of a gorgeous, well endowed, woman... don't you think?

a6c4dda71ad0d3387c91e8134b4b0d07.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Okay, very slowly...please back away from the headers, and go take a cold shower!

:rofl:
Okay, very slowly...please back away from the headers, and go take a cold shower!

:rofl:
No kidding. Goes for me too. Man that chrome looks nice. I probably shouldn't have enlarged that photo into a tri-fold pinup :P
 
Thread starter
Here's one I took..similar but not as good

 
I am filled with shame at the sight of my discolored head pipes. I will go to my garage and flagellate myself with a chain saw blade until I can no longer lift my arm. Long may the 2014 Deluxe live. Death to the 2013s.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I am filled with shame at the sight of my discolored head pipes. I will go to my garage and flagellate myself with a chain saw blade until I can no longer lift my arm. Long may the 2014 Deluxe live. Death to the 2013s.
:rofl:

Another quintessential Spaceman quote. Thankfully, no liquids in my mouth this time :)
 
I guess there are only a couple of us that like the coffee coloured stainless steel headers (I like the chrome too, so not raining your parade here). I guess the Quota, Griso and now the CB have trained me to appreciate it. Done right, I really like the rainbow colouring of the titanium pipes and headers with their flashes of blue. Usually they end up with a rather unhandsome can of a muffler which cheapens the whole affect.
 
Back
Top