Did you own a CB 750 in the past?

I own a 1978 CB750. Then years later I rode the 750 Nighthawk. About 15 bikes later I bought this one today. Kinda feels like I have come full circle.

 
Nice bike, milkmaster. Welcome to the forum.
 
When I rode these era bikes, I never thought about the four carburetors. I just absorbed the whole experience.

Beautiful Wagonpeddler.
 
I'm very fluent in carbs, they don't bother me. At least inline 4's or smaller. Never done a CBX or Wing or worse.
Owned a V65 Sabre for 80k+ miles and never worried about or touched the carbs. Heard they're a bear to remove/reinstall.
 
Hey Pete, nice Nighthawk! You've got that elusive rack I was looking for when I had my '93.
Does the tach on that bike still work? :)
 
Yes, the tach still works....Yet.

Ever notice how even though Honda is the most reliable, best built bike, every model has it's known problems.
 
Ha! Yes, that is true. I scored a very nice used working one when I had mine as a backup. Never needed it, but got quite a bit for it when I sold it!
 
Made out well when I sold the '79. Owned for about three years. Bought for $3500 and sold for $6000. I didn't have the expertise to re-build and sync the carbs. Had a knowledgeable tech close by who could, and did a few times, but always wary of the next issue. Used only non-ethanol fuel too. Have none of those worries now. In fairness, I had an '81 Custom for 30+ years without ANY carb issues.
 
I had a 1976 cb750 super sport. When I seen the CB 1100 for the first time I wanted one. Fast forward to a month ago I finally got one 2014
 
vano1975_imp said:
I had a 1976 cb750 super sport. When I seen the CB 1100 for the first time I wanted one. Fast forward to a month ago I finally got one 2014
Congratulations vano1975, and welcome to the Forum!

Share an image of the beastie?
 
While in the army, I had a tour of duty in Thailand in 1969. I met a guy there, Chuck from Michigan. He rode, his whole family rode, and we could rent Honda 350's in the little beach resort town of Pattaya. That's where i learned to ride. When i ETS'ed from the army in '71, in Virginia, I had a 1965 Chevy Impala SS. I drove across country and made a stop to see my riding bud Chuck, who was out of the army. We did a lot of riding around near the town of Owasso, I on his new 650 Bonneville, he on his Dad's #2 bike, also a Bonneville. We did a 9-day trip round Lake Superior, and had blast. When I got home to SoCal, the CB750 was visible on the street. I wanted one, but couldn't afford it, so I got the next best thing, a CL450. which I rode like I'd stole it. Never did get the CB750, but some years later, I got a Nighthawk 750, which was carbed. I heard I could boost its performance a bit by adding a washer under the needle, so I did, and performed some surgery on the pipes. It ran and sounded AWESOME!
 
My 1980 750F SuperSport was the second bike I ever bought brand new. My first was a 1976 Kawasaki 750 4-stroke twin. I believe I paid $2600 for the supersport.
 
Good looking things don’t age.
 
Back
Top