Did you own a CB 750 in the past?

I bought one brand new in 1970. It was a gold one. I also had a Harley shovelhead at the time. The Honda was just such a departure from the British bikes and the Harley with its four cylinders and disc brakes and electric starter. I loved it and its memory is what made me buy my CB1100. I have nine bikes, the Honda is still great bike.
 
This was the CB750F
 
My 2014 CB1100 was Honda #8
Above is stock photo of #7 (CB750F)
These are my first 6 (actually this are stock photos, as I have no pics of mine)
 
Lovely bikes, Doc and many memories.
 
My only previous Honda motorcycle was a 300cc enduro I bought from a young Airman for $300., when I was at Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ, back in the 80s. It was a great bike which I frequently rode to work, cutting across the desert on the way home just for kicks.
 
Started my street bike riding with a 1976 CB750K6 which took me from the Rockies to the Canadian west coast and down through WA, OR, ID and MT before returning home in 2014. Sold it in 2020 to a friend while hanging onto a CB750K1 I picked up in 2018.
27bdc1162f2a38748297465bdf28493d.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And here is my CB1100’s stable mate, the K1 which I had out for a ride last weekend. Bit bouncier than the 1100 and doesnt feel as dialed in, but what a howl it makes.
fc3ee7e0e8f183ec372060dd95b26cce.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
run-tmc_imp said:
Started my street bike riding with a 1976 CB750K6 which took me from the Rockies to the Canadian west coast and down through WA, OR, ID and MT before returning home in 2014. Sold it in 2020 to a friend while hanging onto a CB750K1 I picked up in 2018.
27bdc1162f2a38748297465bdf28493d.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And here is my CB1100’s stable mate, the K1 which I had out for a ride last weekend. Bit bouncier than the 1100 and doesnt feel as dialed in, but what a howl it makes.
fc3ee7e0e8f183ec372060dd95b26cce.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beautiful. :beerchug:
spechg: Re: CB750 ...

Trying to send a PM to you, but the Forum message system indicates your "private messaging disabled".

FYI
 
Former 91 Nighthawk 750 owner. "The one that got away..." I was searching for another Nighthawk when I found my CB1100. I wish the 11 had the self adjusting valves, but otherwise it's been equal or superior to everything I remember from the 750.
 
Yata-Garasu_imp said:
Former 91 Nighthawk 750 owner. "The one that got away..." I was searching for another Nighthawk when I found my CB1100. I wish the 11 had the self adjusting valves, but otherwise it's been equal or superior to everything I remember from the 750.
... that, and the TRAC system, ... and final shaft drive of the mid-80's Honda Nighthawks could have been nice.

Maybe Honda is very confident with their modern solid lifter implementation that hydraulics were not needed.
 
In 1976 I bought a 1975 CB750 K5 from my friend, he needed ti sell it to pay for an engagement ring! I never bonded with it, it was WIDE, and rough riding on less than perfect roads. I traded it in on a never titled 1973 Moto Guzzi V7 Sport.
I also had a 2000 Nighthawk 750 I wish I'd have kept, looking at them got me thinking about getting a CB1100 so I was looking for either.
 
I had a CB650 and currently have my CB900C shown here. I'll never get rid of this one. I actually still prefer it to the CB1100 for comfort and long rides.
 
I had a Black '92 Nighthawk 750 that I bought used in '95 from a dealer. I added an Emgo bikini fairing, full Vance and Hines exhaust, rejetted the carbs and K&N air filter. Also swapped bars for lower Superbike bend bars. Had fun for with it for awhile then traded it back to the same dealer in Nov. '97 for a new Red '98 Superhawk. That's another story.

I also had a '84 Nighthawk S. Blue/Black. Bought it new 8/84. Loved that one for 4 years, wish I'd kept it. I also remember wishing Honda would make an 1100cc version of it. An updated CB1100F so to speak, but shaft drive and hydraulic lifters same as the 700. Would have bought one in a heartbeat.
 
JD2ride_imp said:
I had a Black '92 Nighthawk 750 that I bought used in '95 from a dealer. I added an Emgo bikini fairing, full Vance and Hines exhaust, rejetted the carbs and K&N air filter. Also swapped bars for lower Superbike bend bars. Had fun for with it for awhile then traded it back to the same dealer in Nov. '97 for a new Red '98 Superhawk. That's another story.

I also had a '84 Nighthawk S. Blue/Black. Bought it new 8/84. Loved that one for 4 years, wish I'd kept it. I also remember wishing Honda would make an 1100cc version of it. An updated CB1100F so to speak, but shaft drive and hydraulic lifters same as the 700. Would have bought one in a heartbeat.
Ditto, but I had the '84 750 cc blue/black version. Really good lookin' bike. Wish some of the features were carried forward by Honda, but nooooo.

Here it be:

 
GoldOxide_imp said:
JD2ride_imp said:
I had a Black '92 Nighthawk 750 that I bought used in '95 from a dealer. I added an Emgo bikini fairing, full Vance and Hines exhaust, rejetted the carbs and K&N air filter. Also swapped bars for lower Superbike bend bars. Had fun for with it for awhile then traded it back to the same dealer in Nov. '97 for a new Red '98 Superhawk. That's another story.

I also had a '84 Nighthawk S. Blue/Black. Bought it new 8/84. Loved that one for 4 years, wish I'd kept it. I also remember wishing Honda would make an 1100cc version of it. An updated CB1100F so to speak, but shaft drive and hydraulic lifters same as the 700. Would have bought one in a heartbeat.
Ditto, but I had the '84 750 cc blue/black version. Really good lookin' bike. Wish some of the features were carried forward by Honda, but nooooo.

Here it be:
Ditto, but I had the '84 750 cc blue/black version. Really good lookin' bike. Wish some of the features were carried forward by Honda, but nooooo.

Here it be:
Nice GO. Mine looked just like that, except we here in the States got boned by the stupid Tariff Law passed for HD's convenience. Wish our's were 750cc too.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
JD2ride_imp said:
I had a Black '92 Nighthawk 750 that I bought used in '95 from a dealer. I added an Emgo bikini fairing, full Vance and Hines exhaust, rejetted the carbs and K&N air filter. Also swapped bars for lower Superbike bend bars. Had fun for with it for awhile then traded it back to the same dealer in Nov. '97 for a new Red '98 Superhawk. That's another story.

I also had a '84 Nighthawk S. Blue/Black. Bought it new 8/84. Loved that one for 4 years, wish I'd kept it. I also remember wishing Honda would make an 1100cc version of it. An updated CB1100F so to speak, but shaft drive and hydraulic lifters same as the 700. Would have bought one in a heartbeat.
Ditto, but I had the '84 750 cc blue/black version. Really good lookin' bike. Wish some of the features were carried forward by Honda, but nooooo.

Here it be:

It would be very VERY easy for someone to make an early Nighthawk version of our CB1100- surprised nobody has done it yet.

Note- easy doesn't mean cheap. :P
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
JD2ride_imp said:
I had a Black '92 Nighthawk 750 that I bought used in '95 from a dealer. I added an Emgo bikini fairing, full Vance and Hines exhaust, rejetted the carbs and K&N air filter. Also swapped bars for lower Superbike bend bars. Had fun for with it for awhile then traded it back to the same dealer in Nov. '97 for a new Red '98 Superhawk. That's another story.

I also had a '84 Nighthawk S. Blue/Black. Bought it new 8/84. Loved that one for 4 years, wish I'd kept it. I also remember wishing Honda would make an 1100cc version of it. An updated CB1100F so to speak, but shaft drive and hydraulic lifters same as the 700. Would have bought one in a heartbeat.
Ditto, but I had the '84 750 cc blue/black version. Really good lookin' bike. Wish some of the features were carried forward by Honda, but nooooo.

Here it be:

It would be very VERY easy for someone to make an early Nighthawk version of our CB1100- surprised nobody has done it yet.

Note- easy doesn't mean cheap. :P
Agreed. That retro shaft drive would tricky. :)
 
I used to own a 1992 nighthawk. Smooth running bike, also. I had both the sissy bar and the rare grab rail for this model. I also added a European CB750X repro belly pan from SKIDMARX in UK.
(Also restored a 1971 SL350).
This is the main reason I purchased the CB1100 EX. Both are great rides!
 
Back
Top