Did You Name Your CB?

The Spaceman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I've always named my bikes and cars. And boats, of course.

My kid named the CB "HAL," after the HAL 9000 computer in 2001 a Space Odyssey. He said the color reminds him of HAL's glowing red eye.
 
No....but my Honda ST 1300 I named "STarship" because of it's ability to cover large expanses of real estate at warp speed.

The CB will have to earn its name over time, like the ST did.
 
Of course. Mine is Colinda. She just told me her name about a month after I brought her home. Seems appropriate. On the Good Wife she is smart, exotic, fast, and loose. What more could you want in a motorcycle.
 
All my bikes have ended up with names.

2013 CB1100 - Katie (it just seemed to suit her)
2007 Triumph America - Vera Lynn "Too" (An English lady with a set of pipes who improved morale, the Too because the name was already taken earlier by someone I met later.)
2005 Yamaha Tour Deluxe - Penny (she shines like a new one)
82 GS850G - Sasha (think Peter and the wolf)
77 CB550F - Eliza (as in Dolittle; I will make a lady out of her yet).

Gone from me now
2008 T100 - Bernadette (thank the Four Tops)
2005 Suzuki S40 - Piglet (have you have seen one?)
 
meowguy_imp said:
Of course. Mine is Colinda. She just told me her name about a month after I brought her home. Seems appropriate. On the Good Wife she is smart, exotic, fast, and loose. What more could you want in a motorcycle.
U forgot to add Hot!
 
SWMBO has named my last couple vehicles - my Warrior is named Vera (Firefly reference for those who watched it).

The CB she named Pam, because she's dressed in red and has a nice front end... hopefully she holds up better than her namesake. Or at least has fewer communicable diseases. :rolleyes:
 
Geez you guys naming all your bike's women. You're cursing them to be finicky and have a plethora of unreasonable problems that are impossible to diagnose logically haha! Apologize to any resident women (but you know I'm right ;) )
 
Thread starter
Oboro_imp said:
Geez you guys naming all your bike's women. You're cursing them to be finicky and have a plethora of unreasonable problems that are impossible to diagnose logically haha! Apologize to any resident women (but you know I'm right ;) )
Yeah, but it will only be for a few days out of each month...
 
I have always named anything that got me around! Current car is angie. When i knew i was buying the bike , candy (still is for 4of my 6 children)seemed like a good choice but after not having a bike for ten long years n riding her for the weekend. I decided on that nasty ****in cuss. It has a nice ring. My girls asks where im goin. Gonna ride that nasty ****in cuss.
 
Back
Top