Did something stupid today...

lemontree_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi folks,

I did something silly today - i switched off my CB11 and forgot to turn off my Oxford Heated Grips before I left the bike for an hour. I came back and it didn't turn over, making a buzzing noise from the battery.

My question is… Can I simply recharge the battery? I'd like to avoid buying another! Thanks!
 
Recharge the battery, it will be fine, but Oxford heated grips, as far as I know, have always had a microprocessor that turns off the unit after 5 mintues if the key is switched off to prevent such things. I know mine and my brothers do. Are yours a real old pair?
 
That is odd. I'm finding the battery is pretty hardy...I've accidentally left the key on for an hour, 55-watt headlight on (shut down with the kill switch) and had no issues.

In this recent heat wave I'd been shutting it down at every long light. All that re-starting...again, no issues.

On my BMWs and my Burgman, my heated grips were key controlled. Is there no way to wire yours up that way?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Recharge the battery, it will be fine, but Oxford heated grips, as far as I know, have always had a microprocessor that turns off the unit after 5 mintues if the key is switched off to prevent such things. I know mine and my brothers do. Are yours a real old pair?
yes it looks like the older pair. Not sure what model, though. I did leave it on with 100% heat power if that makes any different to the consumption rate of battery.
 
lemontree_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Recharge the battery, it will be fine, but Oxford heated grips, as far as I know, have always had a microprocessor that turns off the unit after 5 mintues if the key is switched off to prevent such things. I know mine and my brothers do. Are yours a real old pair?
yes it looks like the older pair. Not sure what model, though. I did leave it on with 100% heat power if that makes any different to the consumption rate of battery.
That will do it. Just recharge the battery and it will be fine.
 
lemontree_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Recharge the battery, it will be fine, but Oxford heated grips, as far as I know, have always had a microprocessor that turns off the unit after 5 mintues if the key is switched off to prevent such things. I know mine and my brothers do. Are yours a real old pair?
yes it looks like the older pair. Not sure what model, though. I did leave it on with 100% heat power if that makes any different to the consumption rate of battery.
yes it looks like the older pair. Not sure what model, though. I did leave it on with 100% heat power if that makes any different to the consumption rate of battery.

Wow..how cold IS it in Australia? I only use about 40% power down into the 30s Fahrenheit lol
 
Back
Top