Devil's ride with Salesman Steve

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
I was busy cleaning ceiling fans and chandeliers as instructed by the note left by my wife when the call came from Salesman Steve. He had a couple hour window for a ride and wanted to know if I was up to it. Pfft are you kidding?. ..cleaning chandeliers or riding? Meet you down at the UDF in 30 minutes my man.

Since he had limited time I suggested the route thru the rebuilt wooden bridge over to the lake and then take the long way home on some nice curvy back roads I know... very few straights, not much traffic and lots of curves (incl one fairly technical road I'm not too fond of, that he had never ridden).

We were riding old school, the CB1100 and ZRX, both had Inline 4 motors, dual rear shocks and round gauges. Great bikes for these roads.

Here's some pics from todays ride.

The bridge coming from the opposite direction that I posted from a ride the other day



heading up the hill

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%205-7-2015%20002_zpsmfhqle0l.jpg.html]

hard right hander near the top

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%205-7-2015%20005_zpszyajgcuw.jpg.html]

Stopped by the lake

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%205-7-2015%20008_zpsb5orgnnv.jpg.html]

A hard left/right hander on the technical road. You can see I'm already heading right while right behind me Steve is mid turn left. Steve liked the road a lot. (too much braking and shifting for me on this road)

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%205-7-2015%20009_zps8ntnkwce.jpg.html]

After getting back to the cut off point where he went one way and I went another, I glanced down at my gauges and realized I had just been on the devils ride with Salesman Steve.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%205-7-2015%20011_zpsrflq9sdr.jpg.html]

and I'd no doubt be staring the horned one in the face, if I didn't get home and get those fans and chandeliers done. :rofl:



.
 
Nice bikes .. Love my CB but I really miss my zrx1100 and am always on the lookout for an unmolested one .. Everytime I hear the Zrx on road or YouTube make my heart miss a beat ..
 
Cleaning the chandeliers? I imagine you had already finished sweeping the marble atrium of the east wing and dusting the Rembrandts, Monets, and Picassos you have hanging in the drawing room.

Great photos!
 
Mate. This is weird. I was involved in a seance just before I read this post. I was having an interesting chat with Soichiro when a a rather brash spirit I've not encountered before butted in and said:

The Spirit Wrote:M-r-s F-e-r-r-e-t i-s s-e-r-i-o-u-s-l-y p-i-*-*-e-d a-b-o-u-t t-h-e r-e-f-e-r-e-n-c-e t-o h-e-r a-s t-h-e h-o-r-n-e-d o-n-e. T-e-l-l F-e-r-r-e-t t-o b-e-w-a-r-e t-h-e c-h-a-n-d-e-l-i-e-r.
I hope everything's OK.
 
A fine ride Mickey. You're fortunate to have many covered bridges to enjoy. There are 22 such bridges in Georgia but none near me.
 
Nice ride :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
We used to have several covered bridges, but they're all gone now.
I would have to ride 5-6 hours into the next province to find any now.
 
redbirds_imp said:
A fine ride Mickey. You're fortunate to have many covered bridges to enjoy. There are 22 such bridges in Georgia but none near me.
Are there any between Marietta and the NC border?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
redbirds_imp said:
A fine ride Mickey. You're fortunate to have many covered bridges to enjoy. There are 22 such bridges in Georgia but none near me.
Are there any between Marietta and the NC border?
Are there any between Marietta and the NC border?
Most are in the northern part of Georgia. We did a covered bridge bike trip a few years ago. Some are simply preserved structures and no longer in use. The map shows some locations that you might want to try.

http://www.coveredbridgemap.com/ga/
 
The ferret_imp said:
I was busy cleaning ceiling fans and chandeliers as instructed by the note left by my wife when the call came from Salesman Steve. He had a couple hour window for a ride and wanted to know if I was up to it. Pfft are you kidding?. ..cleaning chandeliers or riding? Meet you down at the UDF in 30 minutes my man.

Since he had limited time I suggested the route thru the rebuilt wooden bridge over to the lake and then take the long way home on some nice curvy back roads I know... very few straights, not much traffic and lots of curves (incl one fairly technical road I'm not too fond of, that he had never ridden).

We were riding old school, the CB1100 and ZRX, both had Inline 4 motors, dual rear shocks and round gauges. Great bikes for these roads.

Here's some pics from todays ride.

The bridge coming from the opposite direction that I posted from a ride the other day



heading up the hill

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%205-7-2015%20002_zpsmfhqle0l.jpg.html]

hard right hander near the top

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%205-7-2015%20005_zpszyajgcuw.jpg.html]

Stopped by the lake

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%205-7-2015%20008_zpsb5orgnnv.jpg.html]

A hard left/right hander on the technical road. You can see I'm already heading right while right behind me Steve is mid turn left. Steve liked the road a lot. (too much braking and shifting for me on this road)

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%205-7-2015%20009_zps8ntnkwce.jpg.html]

After getting back to the cut off point where he went one way and I went another, I glanced down at my gauges and realized I had just been on the devils ride with Salesman Steve.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/Salesman%20Steve%205-7-2015%20011_zpsrflq9sdr.jpg.html]

and I'd no doubt be staring the horned one in the face, if I didn't get home and get those fans and chandeliers done. :rofl:



.



looks similar to the one starting at 3:22 into this video.
it is from the ride i do in dayton ohio every year.
 
Back
Top