Desperate Measures call for...

ThomWill_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
The Corbin seat is just a tight fit... I know that, we all know that. I wanted to put my Ogio saddlebags back on the bike, under the Corbin seat... if it was tight before, it was now impossible to latch on over the nylon strapping. I pushed, and thumped and jumped and pushed and cursed and pushed and cursed some more. It was SOOO close, I could hear the latch pushing in the catch but just not quite enough. As I pulled the bike up to the back of my pickup so I could use a 2x4 under the hitch assembly to apply some leverage to the seat I realized that my "solutions" were beginning to cross a very serious line.

<deep breath>

So I backed off the lever idea and just added two little washers between the the latch and the seat to make it functionally a bit longer and it now snaps in and out with and without the saddle bags... 3 minutes from disaster to no problem.

Not sure how many more times I am going to have to learn that desperate measures are a clear sign that you are thinking incorrectly about the problem, but probably at least one more... at least.
 
:rofl: desperate measures indeed.
 
It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you
realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.
 
:rofl: ancient Chinese proverb or did you make that one up?
 
Brilliant Houtman. Brilliant. :rofl:
 
Houtman_imp said:
It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you
realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.
:rofl: my ribs hurt.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
Houtman_imp said:
It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you
realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence.
:rofl: my ribs hurt.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top