Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hi Csory, thanks for the drawing, however, it is beyond my pay grade to build it.Csory_imp said:Alain: Attached please find a circuit diagram that would work with a 3-digit 3-segment LED display, and able to read 2 independent analog channels (EOT and IAT), both scaled between 0 and 5V. Impedance is megaohm/ish. Display decoding is done by the MAX7219, analog read and conversion (along with all the pretty stuff) is via the ATTINY85 microcontroller (programmable in plain C). This entire thingy is very similar to my original "gadget", except for ditching the DS18B20 temp sensors, light sensor, and adding a second analog voltage input. Hope this helps.

Alain Lee, I was looking at this item today and would be interested to hear your opinion. As you stated it doesn't measure the oil temperature, but it does measure "something" :-/ , so it can be useful once you figured out its range and you calibrate it in you mind. Or are its readings completely unreliable?Alain Lee_imp said:I got my dip stick style temperature "DOREMI" from "Samurider"
Part # 96102 (Doremi Collection)
Note: Not accurate since the sensor does not contact the oil.
It is made for CB1100
It replaces the filler cap.
Could a metal wire be added/welded/soldered to the end, that then dips into the oil and transfers the temperature properly?Alain Lee_imp said:I got my dip stick style temperature "DOREMI" from "Samurider"
Part # 96102 (Doremi Collection)
Note: Not accurate since the sensor does not contact the oil.
It is made for CB1100
It replaces the filler cap.
Interesting. If careful in length, it could be a reasonable consideration.Bazbro_imp said:Could a metal wire be added/welded/soldered to the end, that then dips into the oil and transfers the temperature properly?Alain Lee_imp said:I got my dip stick style temperature "DOREMI" from "Samurider"
Part # 96102 (Doremi Collection)
Note: Not accurate since the sensor does not contact the oil.
It is made for CB1100
It replaces the filler cap.
Interesting. If careful in length, it could be a reasonable consideration.GoldOxide_imp said:Interesting. If careful in length, it could be a reasonable consideration.Bazbro_imp said:Could a metal wire be added/welded/soldered to the end, that then dips into the oil and transfers the temperature properly?Alain Lee_imp said:I got my dip stick style temperature "DOREMI" from "Samurider"
Part # 96102 (Doremi Collection)
Note: Not accurate since the sensor does not contact the oil.
It is made for CB1100
It replaces the filler cap.
Interesting. If careful in length, it could be a reasonable consideration.Bazbro_imp said:Interesting. If careful in length, it could be a reasonable consideration.GoldOxide_imp said:Interesting. If careful in length, it could be a reasonable consideration.Bazbro_imp said:Could a metal wire be added/welded/soldered to the end, that then dips into the oil and transfers the temperature properly?Alain Lee_imp said:I got my dip stick style temperature "DOREMI" from "Samurider"
Part # 96102 (Doremi Collection)
Note: Not accurate since the sensor does not contact the oil.
It is made for CB1100
It replaces the filler cap.
You'd only need it to accurately transfer the current temperature of the oil - no "measuring" involved, just put the temperature of the oil at the tip of the gauge, so I guess a small chunk of metal to extend the tip of the gauge down into the oil, securely attached to the tip would do it. I think a clamp would be best... welding or soldering could destroy the element of the gauge, as would drilling it for a rivet, etc., I guess? A tiny clamp, backed by some JBWeld, maybe?
Interesting. If careful in length, it could be a reasonable consideration.GoldOxide_imp said:Interesting. If careful in length, it could be a reasonable consideration.Bazbro_imp said:Interesting. If careful in length, it could be a reasonable consideration.GoldOxide_imp said:Interesting. If careful in length, it could be a reasonable consideration.Bazbro_imp said:Could a metal wire be added/welded/soldered to the end, that then dips into the oil and transfers the temperature properly?Alain Lee_imp said:I got my dip stick style temperature "DOREMI" from "Samurider"
Part # 96102 (Doremi Collection)
Note: Not accurate since the sensor does not contact the oil.
It is made for CB1100
It replaces the filler cap.
You'd only need it to accurately transfer the current temperature of the oil - no "measuring" involved, just put the temperature of the oil at the tip of the gauge, so I guess a small chunk of metal to extend the tip of the gauge down into the oil, securely attached to the tip would do it. I think a clamp would be best... welding or soldering could destroy the element of the gauge, as would drilling it for a rivet, etc., I guess? A tiny clamp, backed by some JBWeld, maybe?
You'd only need it to accurately transfer the current temperature of the oil - no "measuring" involved, just put the temperature of the oil at the tip of the gauge, so I guess a small chunk of metal to extend the tip of the gauge down into the oil, securely attached to the tip would do it. I think a clamp would be best... welding or soldering could destroy the element of the gauge, as would drilling it for a rivet, etc., I guess? A tiny clamp, backed by some JBWeld, maybe?
RE clamp: Like a "metal crimp" device?
That sounds great! I am very interested in the outcome.Alain Lee_imp said:Sorry for late reply on this subject as I did not subscribe to this thread.
Saw it only today (Nov 4th 2019).
As previously mentioned, on purpose, the thermistor does not contact the fluid due to the rotating clutch basket and the fluid level is much lower (as per sight glass).
I guess DOREMI does not want to take a chance of getting the tip too close to the rotating components.
I would not suggest to put anything/thermistor through that filler cap as there are too many rotating parts behind the clutch cover.
Attached is the thermometer picture taken when I was stuck in mild downtown traffic -This time the needle did not get into the RED zone.
It is only reading the ambient air inside the clutch cover above the fluid.
My best guess; there is around a 15 degrees difference in the gauge needle.
Next year, as a pet project, I will calibrate the DOREMI temp sensor against the EOT (Engine Oil Temperature/voltage) and will keep all posted.
Csory has outstanding orders. He also has a pretty mature version of the User's Manual. Consider PM'ing him to get the *latest* official version of it to gain further insight.Alain Lee_imp said:Thanks GO,
I did monitor Csory progress on his project and is waiting for the final outcome.
Discussed the Engine temperature output from the EOT sensor from one of my threads.
That's the only item that I wish to add to my bike ... for now.