Delkevic exhaust, experience?

Thread starter
My bike has a luggage rack installed so I thought the short one might look weird. Probably would've been fine and sounded good. The cat really seems to quiet the exhaust by itself.
 
I installed mine week before last just before the Fourth of July. I installed the Delkevic's 9" Oval on my CB1100. The installation was a snap and fitment absolutely perfect, including the link pipe with the center stand stop. For the money ($180), the materials, mirror finish and sound quality are outstanding! Surprisingly, its really not loud but rather has a deeper tone that kind of sounds like a subtle growl (baffle still installed). Almost no noticeable popping on decel and/or throttle response hesitation. Stock ECU map seems to like it. Just what I was looking for in an aftermarket exhaust.

Here's a photo of it on my all black (std) bike.
 
I can't right now because i currently have an EMGO megaphone install and have yet to fully evaluate it. Also, I have cancer and been really out of it while going through numerous treatments. I wish I had the strength to continue working on my bikes as a hobby, but I'm having too much daily pain. If I'm lucky I will get back to riding and wrenching by end of the year.
 
Thread starter
Dang! Sorry to hear about your health. Sounds like you have the drive to kick it. Hopefully you get back to normal pretty quick! Your bike will be there when you're ready.
 
Of what I remember, FWIW MY 9" SS Dekelvic has a nice mellow sound. Not at all over the top obnoxious. However, plenty louder than stock with option to be even louder with baffle removed. With baffle removed I think it will start noticeably "popping" with a stock tune.

For the low price it is a high quality unit, fits perfectly, looks great and sounds much better than Honda's stock exhaust.
 
Thread starter
I like the 18" oval, but it's not very loud. I runny baffle removed and it's still mellow. Wondering how loud the shorter version would have been, but seems like the cat quiets the exhaust quite a bit on its own.
 
Thread starter
After revisiting this thread, I realized I never tried the delkevic with the baffle installed. I removed the baffle before I even started the bike. I put it back in yesterday and it doesn't really seem much quieter, but has a different tone. I think I like it better. A shorter and little louder muffler might have been nice, but the long one sounds good. Beats the stock sewing machine sound for sure.
 
I have the yoshi rs3 and sounds great without baffling and no other mods. No popping at all.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
Delkevik came out after I bought mine and I would have considered it with its low price point.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
 
Glad I came across this post. I found the 8" delkevik on amazon but hesitated on buying it because I had never heard of the brand and none of my friends had experience with it but now I think I'm gonna order and give it a shot. The first mod on my bike!
 
MMC_imp said:
Sounds good. I got mine today but they sent me the wrong link pipe! Ugh....
Does yours have a stop for the center stand?
Sent from me......
MMC,

Did they take care of you on this or did you have to modify it?
 
GaryMNM_imp said:
MMC_imp said:
Sounds good. I got mine today but they sent me the wrong link pipe! Ugh....
Does yours have a stop for the center stand?
Sent from me......
MMC,

Did they take care of you on this or did you have to modify it?
MMC,

Did they take care of you on this or did you have to modify it?

They sent me the correct pipe. No problem.


Sent from me
 
Just received my Delkevic 14" Carbon Fiber set up yesterday. As mentioned earlier, it has a built in stop for the center stand. Have not tried it w/o baffle but so far I'm appreciating the tone over the stock. No noticeable popping on decal on my initial test rides, no stumbling. Their website claims no re-flashing required. The General Manager and I exchanged a few emails that morning and I placed an order. Ordered Monday, processed and shipped Monday, received Wednesday. Just under $285.00 delivered. There are other less expensive models, shapes ovals with a spout, etc but I liked the somewhat straight pipe design. I never personally cared much for the huge flared trumpet shape of the stock pipe. Now to see how it holds up... :thumbsup:


 
Looking at the 8". Do you need a link pipe with this slip on or just the muff itself? I didn't see a CB specific one. Which one did you guys get?

Maybe a link?
 
Back
Top