Decorating you or your bike for holidays - I've been outclassed

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Ok, so how many of us decorate our bikes for certain holidays? Last night, I gaff-taped flags on either side of my Givi box, to give my bike that presidential motorcade look for the Fourth. And, for the ride to work today, I donned my red, white and blue (but not in a flag pattern) helmet.

I felt pretty cool riding through my neighborhood, till I saw my neighbor coming the other way on his Goldwing wearing what I could swear was a full Evel Knievel suit, complete with cape, and a Captain America helmet.

Dang.
 
Lol, yea not me. Not the decorating type.
 
I don’t understand the 4th. We celebrate overthrowing the government, but now its illegal to overthrow the government. :huh:

Oh well, too much trouble anyway. :P Think I’ll just cook some dogs and putz with my bikes. :beerchug: :biker:
 
North of the border we're pretty conservative and don't much go in for going over the top - although some riders may.
Our 4th July is Canada Day on 1 July and we always have a club ride with a small flag taped to the bike somewhere and that's about it.
Cities, towns and communities generally have nice celebrations with BBQ, concerts, fireworks and the like - not that much different from our U.S. friends.
We share a lot in common - including the CB1100 :D :D :D
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I don’t understand the 4th. We celebrate overthrowing the government, but now its illegal to overthrow the government. :huh:

Oh well, too much trouble anyway. :P Think I’ll just cook some dogs and putz with my bikes. :beerchug: :biker:
Stichill_imp said:
Great point, popgun!
(+1)

July 1st is "Canada Day", formerly known as "Dominion Day" when separate colonies were united into a single Dominion (i.e. Canada) within the British Empire. Hmm, sort of the opposite I suppose of the 4th - and one might definitely think that if from Quebec.
 
Thread starter
Well then, don’t laugh when I put Christmas lights on my bike and put this Santa cover on my helmet come December.
 
:rofl: Can I laugh now and get it out of the way?
 
Back
Top